This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Strike team".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
This strike team summary isn't completely accurate. As far as I remember, you can also have a Sentry Bot and, IMO, it is a FAR more useful team member than the other generic troops...-188.8.131.52 15:15, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- You are right, the Sentry Bot is missing (as is the Mister Gutsy).
- I think we should differentiate between the generic American troops in the simulation and the strike team members - this article is currently trying a bit of both. They are different NPCs with different equipment. I'll take a look at it later. // Porter21 U | T 15:27, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Playing on very hard, I seem to have had most success with a plain team of three Infantrymen. There's too much friendly fire with the Sentry Bot/Missile trooper/Grenadier. Dcruze 17:18, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
I am trying to do this page like the Chinese Soldier one, so that American Soldier article won't be needed. I would also appreciate if add all troop types and costs. M10 101 15:31, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- I've reworked the articles. I think two articles are needed as there are troop types in the Strike Team which are not found among the normal American Soldiers in the simulation (Grenadier, Mister Gutsy, Sentry Bot) and vice versa (T-51b unit, Power Armored Soldier). Cramming it all into one article is going to confuse people in my opinion.
- However, I realize that your original article was intended to be a bit more generalized and not as specific as my current version. If you still want to write a general article about Strike Teams in the U.S. Army, I'll move this article to Strike Team (Operation: Anchorage) and restore your old version. // Porter21 U | T 16:45, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
for the love of god, dont move it and most importantly dont restore my old one. i only did this because i saw that no one care to creat a page about. i was just collecting scraps of my memory.very nice touch.--That70sdude 02:05, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
Am I just unlucky, or is the strike team extremely weak. It seems even when I bring along sentry bots, my strik team is dead within a few seconds, and since you can't get replacements from benji until the current area is clear, it's usually a waste to order new troops 184.108.40.206 15:32, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
I had better luck using all human strike team members. No launchers, though. I don't want them killing me and the rest of my team. The Sentry Bot I got died in a few seconds from regular Chinese soldiers.--Hollow Points 00:45, December 16, 2009 (UTC)Hollow Points
It should also be noted that the strike team npcs cannot be spawned on the pc version in the wasteland. Actually they can, but they die and fade away in blue light right after exiting the console.
- Is there any way around this?