Talk:Super-Duper Mart (Fallout 3)
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Super-Duper Mart (Fallout 3)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 77 Hatchling Mirelurk Meat
- 2 ?
- 3 Alien Power Cell?
- 4 Do enemies respawn inside?
- 5 Non-owned house
- 6 Clean-up Questions
- 7 Intercom
- 8 Easter Egg in the store.
- 9 Flying Car
- 10 firelances...?
- 11 Possibly a Random Encounter
- 12 Naked Raider?
- 13 locked out of super duper
- 14 Raiders Dead
- 15 I have a Question about this location
TunnelSnake Asks: When I first arrived here for the Survival Guide quest, I was confronted by a man named "Mel". He sounded unsure of himself, and nervously demanded money. I gave him five caps, and he backed off. Just then, the raiders attacked and Mel began to flee. I killed all the raiders and cleared out the store. However, every time I travel there, Mel is still cowering there even though the raiders have been dead for almost a in-game month, and it says "Mel is Fleeing". He had no armor or notable loot. Was this a random encounter, or something else. Please help.
- I have never had this happen to me, so I suspect this is a random encounter. Sadly, I don't know how to get any character to stop fleeing, nor do I know if Mel has any important/interesting dialogue. I hope someone else can help you more! --Shizaara 22:56, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
- That is a random encounter. It can happen anywhere in the game. More info on the page about Mel. Mirar 23:00, 26 November 2008 (UTC)
I noticed, that checkout stations bleed when you hit them. Probably worth adding to bugs section. Rist 20:34, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
For some reason the protectron has hostile dialog toward my player, but does not attack. he says things like intruder alert, eliminating thief, things like that, a glitch?
It's happened to me a lot of times... - Dweller93 04:17, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
77 Hatchling Mirelurk Meat
77 of them? Seriously? Or typo? --DarkJeff 05:26, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, it's possible to get even more Hatchling Mirelurk Meat(and regular Mirelurk Meat and Softshell Mirelurk Meat too, for that matter). I got 89 Hatchling Mirelurk Meat and 45 each of Mirelurk Meat and Softshell Mirelurk Meat, and there's even a possibility that I missed some. Of course, since the amount is random, it entirely depends on your game file. There's generally Hatchling Mirelurk Meat in every egg, though. --EscapeTheApe 13:28, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- The page says "range confirmed", but after searching through all of the eggs I found 86 Hatchling Mirelurk Meat, 12 Mirelurk Meat, and 20 Softshell Mirelurk meat. While it is entirely possible that I may have missed a few eggs, explaining the lower than stated ammount of plain mirelurk meat, my total of Hatchling meat is 2 higher than what the page says is the "confirmed" maximum
In the article, it says it's best to leave most of the food there. Why?
- Not to sound insulting or anything, but did you actually read the article? "However it is advisable to leave some food items and drugs in the store for purposes of later completing the relevant part of the Wasteland Survival Guide quest." --MadDawg2552 21:04, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Hmm, I'm just asking for the sake of curiosity (I wasn't the one who wrote the original question) -- could you simply open the refrigerator and first-aid box to complete those objectives without actually needing to take (and, thus, leave behind) any of the items? Dracosummoner 17:12, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- At least for the refrigerator, it's enough to just open the door in order to have the primary objective marked as complete. IIRC, already having looted the Super Duper market will furthermore allow you to mention this to Moira directly when you receive the corresponding quest, but I haven't tested this myself. Golan2781 22:36, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
Alien Power Cell?
I found one alien power next to a bench between the entrances to super duper mart, I was only level 2 at the time and this has never happened before, alien power cells only randomly spawn in the ufo random encounter don't they?
Answer: this just happened to me on the (PS3) most likely the firelance was just above your head on the roof, along with over half of the ammo! two well placed pulse grenades should dislodge the weapon but the ammo might be out of reach! Find some high ground and use your sniper rifle's scope to help you find the weapon. --Zazamoth 01:54, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- This also happened to me today on the PS3 version, except there was a whole bunch of Alien Power Cells around! I counted about 10. One Raider outside the Mart was also carrying a Firelance, which I killed and got to loot it. Now I _think_ the APC:s came from a weird green explosion that was shot from a tall building some distance away from the mart. It hit outside the parking lot at the right side of the mart. It hit me also, took about half of my life away and I caught on fire, but luckily I lived. I was wearing Leather Armor + Biker Helmet that were almost in full condition. Overall, very interesting, the Firelance seems to be quite a good weapon this early in the game. Too bad my Energy Weapon skill is like 17, but so far it has killed every Raider in one hit with a critical. 22.214.171.124 16:48, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
Do enemies respawn inside?
Do enemy raiders respawn inside or move in to the store after you've cleared it? I was thinking about using this place as a storehouse for my random loot, and wanted to know if I would have to work as the "janitor". BrenMan 94 18:33, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
Okay, I've confirmed (on the Xbox 360) that enemy raiders do NOT respawn inside the building after it's been cleared out. My theory for why this applies is because the store is technically quest-related, and, like many quest-related locations, the enemies don't respawn. BrenMan 94 16:55, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
I've encountered a bug where the dumpsters and nuka-cola machines outside are not there, there are no raiders outside, there are 2 non-disarmable mines in front, and I can walk through the walls of the building. Does anyone know a fix?
I have used the bed and box in the lean-to under the bridge near the mart as a safe house when I planed to blow up Megaton but wanted to finish the Wasteland Survival Guide quest. Should someone add this to the Super-Duper Mart page?
I moved a lot of stuff to Notes, which I think helps the flow of the article. I bulleted or left bulleted some stuff under Surrounding Area, but that section is cluttered. I'll have to check some templates out, but Surrounding Area seems like it needs it's own Loot and Notes subsections. I made several other grammatical edits.
The location of the Pharmacy Key as written in this article contradicts the location information in the item article, which is linked to. I didn't change the info, because I do not know which is correct. Anyone?
The article contains contradictory information about respawning containers in the Super Duper Mart. I left them both in, because I don't know which is correct. Anyone?--Gothemasticator 20:03, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
There is a ham radio in the Super-Duper Mart near right entrance called an intercom is that possibly what the raiders use when they come in? --Megaton bomber 00:15, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
I believe it is used to hear the Raider when he walks in, though I'm not entirely sure (this is after the first slaughter when the extra group walk in) 126.96.36.199 14:09, October 25, 2009 (UTC)Guest
Easter Egg in the store.
I saw on you yube a video with easter egg in the shop. Does it only on PS3 or on PC too?
What easter egg? The Pastmaster 16:25, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Bet they're talking about the bleeding check stands.--Atlas Lied! 20:43, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
Maybe, after having checked it out I wonder if it might be a previously unnoticed Easter Egg in the form of an allusion to South Park and "Something Walmart This Way Comes".188.8.131.52 16:26, April 2, 2011 (UTC)
When I approach Super Duper Mart from the direction of Megaton, there is a car lying up-side down in a pile of trash behind the store. As I draw near, it makes a crunching noise, as of being hit, and then rockets in a random direction, sometimes hundreds of feet into the air. Occasionally, it bursts into flame when moved and explodes, either in mid-air or after landing. I've played the game to this point at least five times, but I always go around the right side of the store, and the car makes this noise when it's outside of the peripheral vision of the screen, so when I turned to see the source of the noise, I never saw the car, because it was over my head. (It doesn't make any noise when it lands, and it sometimes explodes too high up to hear.) Just now, I went around the left side of the store for a change, so the car was right in plain view when this happened. I reloaded a previous save, and the car did this every single time I approached the store, without fail. I went here to see if it was mentioned in the bugs/glitches section, and it wasn't. Can somebody else confirm it, and if confirmable, add it to the article?
- Do you have any mods loaded? I know of a few that change explosions, for instance.--Gothemasticator 23:06, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
I was going up to the Super-Duper mart for the survival guide quest, and being a sneaky character, i sneak attacked the raiders outside. I snuck up to loot them, and the two raiders both had firelances, and there were alien cells all over the parking lot. I know this was the firelance random encounter, but doesn't it normally just drop one? I'm not complaining about having two firelances, but i just found it strange and was wondering if it was a bug or a glitch or something. Tehpwnerer1408 03:54, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
Possibly a Random Encounter
I know this happens a lot, but whenever I approach the Super-Duper Mart for the first time, a man runs up and says he's strapped with explosives. It's happened in other places, but espcially during the Wasteland Survival Guide and just when I loot the place. Does this happen to anyone else? Argod 05:22, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
yes its a random encounterKatikar 13:27, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
Twice now I've noticed one of the raiders that respawn outside is just standing there in his underwear. No clothes, weapons or anything else. He had no loot. It was the same face both times, older-looking guy with a blond mohawk. Anyone else notice this? (PC GOTY edition) 184.108.40.206 11:30, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Nevermind. I see it's one of the random encounters. 220.127.116.11 12:12, March 25, 2010 (UTC)
locked out of super duper
i've been using the super duper mart for storage and i put alot of rare items in there and i went to drop more things off, when i open the door to go in the game freezes and won't let me in any idea's on how to resolve this would help thanks
I have a similar issue. Was using the mart to store items, and now I can't get into the door without the game crashing. I tried going to an earlier save inside the store and it works, but still crashes in the current game. Rather frustrating :(
I have a Question about this location
I would like to use this place as my home for Fallout 3. I came online and read the following note on this page,
"Once the player has cleared the building of raiders (and the ones who come in after the initial slaughter), no enemies will respawn within the interior. Also, stored items do not disappear from containers (excluding metal boxes, but includes raider corpses). Since there are beds in the bathroom, this makes the building an ideal "home" for the player if The Power of the Atom has not been completed yet."
I do not understand the meaning of the sentence, "...stored items do not disappear from containers (excluding metal boxes, but includes raider corpses)..." Others like me may also have this problem when they come online. Does anybody who knows more about this want to clarify this phrase, perhaps rewording it (on the page itself) as something like, "Stored items will disappear from the corpses of raiders but not from metal boxes," or something that is not in the form of a double negative, as it is now. Please. Thanks. Bye. Makeswell 21:36, June 4, 2011 (UTC)