Talk:Sydney's 10mm "Ultra" SMG
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Sydney's 10mm "Ultra" SMG".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Got any questions about the videos? Or maybe having some problems viewing them?
Ask questions and report problems to my discussion page: CryonBrion (Talk)
If it's not on my talk page, I might miss it!
I got the holotape from her father but she is nowhere to be found. She was just gone after I came back up with the Declaration of Independence so I think its bugged. Is there any way I can just spawn her or the ultra smg?
- She went to the Ghoul city Underworld and sells weapons and ammo there. Shes in The Ninth Circle bar, the one where you can get Charon. --SkyHi 23:10, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
- If she isn't there, she may have died along the way. If you have the PC version, access the console, and type "PRID 3a77", then "player.moveto" and that'll send you to her. Alternatively, "moveto player" will move her to you. If she's dead, then "resurrect" with her selected should work. If the script is broken, "kill" "resurrect" "disable" "enable" might fix it. All commands without quotation marks when entered into the console, of course. --DarkJeff 03:28, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
Damage at 100%
Based on my game and what I have experienced, Sydney's ultra 10mm smg does 62 damage at 100%, thus I have changed the pages with this information accordingly. http://i43.tinypic.com/11lqu4j.jpg
Please note I am running the PC version which is patched up to date.
- Please note that 59 * 1.05 = 62. Do you have Bloody Mess or not? --DarkJeff 15:52, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
- everybody has bloody mess because they just do...
- Checks Perks*... Why yes, yes i do, very sorry for the commotion :
If you have the Point Lookout addon you get a perk called 'Superior defender'. (only effective when standing still). This raises the dmg to 92 at 100%. You can raise the damage even more using the ghoul ecology perk making it do just a little more damage than the xuanlong assault rifle
Where does the initial 59 come from? The page says 9. Stevepoppers 12:31, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- The Pip-Boy. It doesn't quite show DPS and Damage per Shot. It shows both at once... Nitty Tok. 12:32, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, both at once. Ok. I did get confused because mine also said 62. Kinda my fault, I guess. Thanks. 22.214.171.124 13:37, June 3, 2010 (UTC)
While playing the game on an Xbox 360, I went through the motions of completing the quest, getting the holotape, getting the gun and having Sydney move to Underworld. I later went to Underworld and killed her when several ghouls where present. The ghouls did not turn hostile and Sydney had a copy of the SMG on her when she died. I now have two copies of the gun.
Hello, I have Point Lookout and I currently have both Ghoul Ecology and Superior Defender perks and my Sydney's "Ultra" SMG does a whoppingly creepy damage..... At 100% it does 124 damage!!! Is this normal? Get back to me.....
I can confirm this as well but mine does 130+ WastelandAtheist 08:13, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
It's a well known glitch, check the Ghoul Ecology page. It actually adds +5 to every bullet and to every enemy, so YES, thats 'normal'
I did the quest, got the weapon by handing in the holotape but when I started to run while holding the weapon or having the gun at my side i ran really slow. Does anyone know what I should do?
Did you pass your carry limit?--Chipgambino 21:13, October 18, 2009 (UTC)
Combine this with the Ammo Press, Ghoul Ecology, Superior Defender, Alien Epoxy, the Backwater Rifle, and max crit chance / Better Criticals for some real fun... 126.96.36.199 01:38, October 23, 2009 (UTC)
Post Stealing Independence Sydney
After completing the Stealing Independence quest (having told Sydney I don't need help) she ran off.
I found her later at one of the radio towers in the northeast (further east than FT Constantine) with another NPC. I talked to the random NPC who wouldn't go into a talk-menu, then Sydney attacked me. After killing them both (the other one got hostile too) I got her gun.
Dunno if this is always where she goes, but it's worth noting.
Thats a random event triggered depending on your choices during the quest
i thought Sydeny's SMG is only semiunique like the combat knife,Stabhappy because it can be obtained multiple times
- No, because the Ultra is bugged to be semiunique. (And frankly, I'd call Stabhappy unique too.) Nitty Tok. 17:58, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Unique is a classification; it's intended to apply to only one-of-a-kind item variants, but this doesn't always correlate to reality. To give an opposite example, the Talon Combat Helm is one-of-a-kind, but not classified as a unique item. Kris mailbox 18:10, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- However it respawns,so it is kind-of,Semi unique because its not one- of- a- kind
- No; something is either classified as unique, or it's not. By your reasoning, the Talon Combat Helm should be called a unique item; but it's not classified that way, so it's not called that. The opposite goes for unique items wherein it's possible to get more than one copy; they're classified as unique, so they bear that designation. There is no semi-unique designation.
- The designation is based on the Editor ID; Sydney's is WeapUniqueSydneys10mmSubGun, Stabhappy is WeapUniqueStabhappy; but the Talon Combat Helmet is ArmorCombatHelmetTalon, which lacks the "Unique" designation (there's a cut version that does bear this designation, but this not the version used in the game). Hope this helps you understand. Kris mailbox 18:32, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- alright i get it,however (and ill bring it up on that page) what about Stabhappy,they say its unique but it respawns
- It is unique, and it does respawn. That makes it unusual, but it's still classified as unique. Kris mailbox 18:36, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
Sydney's 10mm Ultra SMG - glitch
I met Sydney in a metro station (Anacostia Crossing Station) and gave her her father's note to get the Sydney's 10mm Ultra SMG. Then she immediately ran into some enemies and was killed by them. When I searched her body I got another 10mm Ultra SMG!!! —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
10mm Pistol mention
The page claims this gun makes the 10mm pistol "obsolete". This seems strange, since it's an SMG, not a pistol. It does use the same ammo, but all its other characteristics are different, and there are some (such as spread) which are better on the pistol. Perhaps it's supposed to be the regular 10mm SMG? Omnilynx 06:36, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
I'm on the ps3 version and the pipboy says the damage it deals is 109, thats the best out of any of my weapons and i have some pretty good weapons. is this correct or is it a glitch? EDIT: now that i've repaired it to full it has 128 damage! --188.8.131.52 15:24, October 18, 2010 (UTC)