This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "T. Dithers".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
There's a lot of odd speculation here, this page needs some attention Atomic645 16:15, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
Dithers's Real Life Form[edit source]
I checked out Dithers's pod after I did the Tranq. Lane quest. I found out that she, in real life, looks COMPLETELY different than the Dithers you see in the simulation. I'll try to get a screenshot to show you guys. I think that's what she means by her own skin not feeling right. 220.127.116.11 11:06, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
- You're right. At least in my game she appeared to be a bald, younger caucasian woman in her pod. 18.104.22.168 14:15, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
- All the people in those pods aren't even NPC actors, they're just statics, part of the "occupied pod lounger" piece. There are only four that are not like that: The one you climb into, your dad's, the "broken" one, and Braun's. --MadCat221 02:32, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
Why Dithers Remembers Who She Is[edit source]
After reading the notes inside of the failsafe terminal, it is revealed that in the pevious simulation of a ski-lodge, Mrs Dithers had died in a total accident that was not caused by Braun, most likely leading him to forget to erase her memory, thus when she was recreated in the new simulation of tranquility lane, she had all of her old memories.
- Actually, I think it's due to a faulty connection of some manner in her Tranqulity Lounger. If you read the monitor terminal for Dithers in Vault 112, several readings are quite anomalous, and the system recognizes this. Because her lounger has problems, the memory suppression may not be entirely effective on her. --MadCat221 02:26, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
Maybe Pinkerton stealing that memory chip has something to with her remembering, because perhaps that the simulation memory is stored in there, but if there is a missing memory chip she resorts to her real memory which braun can't wipe. This theory is a longshot though.--Joshua 12 April 2010
Does any one find Old lady Dithers similar to Old Man Harris?
They both have the "Old Man/Lady" Title. They both warn the player.
Is it just me or has someone else noticed this?Jericho's own cigarette 20:41, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
Fahrenheit or celsius?[edit source]
The article makes a note of her body temperature being zero, but is that celsius or fahrenheit? It's really freaking creepy either way, but I would really like to know.
I am guessing Fahrenheit becase thats what they use in the United States
Temperature being zero[edit source]
On her pod terminal, and in reference to the article and the post above, it says her body temperature is zero. I'm less concerned with whether it's celsius or fahrenheit, and more concerned with WHY?! Could it be she is some kind of 'ghoul'? It is strange how she is the only African-American character in the simulation, even though she is caucasian on the outside...
Any thoughts? TobiasSmith 17:19, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, one of the notes in the article already covers why she might be black in the simulation: When viewed in Vault 112 she (along with all other female residents) appears Caucasian while in the simulation she is African American. This could likely be the cause of Braun becoming bored with her appearance.
- The temperature change may be due to some malfunction of the stasis pod. Plus, i guess the bodies had to be kept frozen on some level to preserve them for 200 years, right? Her body might even be already dead and only her consciousness is trapped in the virtual world or smth. ;) --TheBearPaw 09:59, July 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Temperature is beacuse of faulty hookups I think. Skin tone could be because of being in the dark for 200 years. Perhaps everyone has just become Albino because of that ? Maybe she is African-American but looks pale/white because of that?
- 22.214.171.124 12:48, July 14, 2010 (UTC)Kanid