Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Tabitha".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
- 1 Source?
- 2 Fallout 3?
- 3 WTF!
- 4 Gender of Super Mutant Tabitha
- 5 This is what J.E. Sawyer has to say about the subject
- 6 Mad Max
- 7 Inspired by Fallout 3 mod?
- 8 Insane?
- 9 Face
- 10 Rhonda
- 11 Black Mountain Broadcats
- 12 Is Tabitha talking to herself?
- 13 BATTLE CATTLE
- 14 Young Ones?
- 15 Tabitha, Psycho and Norman Bates
Hmm... yes! Looks like Obsidian knows that the Mariposa super mutants are more... grey, than green. Master Mold 15:40, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
Someone removed all informations and wrote "this is a F3 mod not vegas" and so on. Reverted. Kamuikaze 01:56, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Where'd this image come from? The visible M4A1, Pip-Boy 3000 and a couple of other things make this look like a FO3 mod. Josrence44 02:22, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Wow. I've been looking around since my previous comment, and these seem modded to me. I guess we'll have to see. By the way, Easy Pete is wearing a copy of Paulson's outfit. Josrence44 02:27, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I've seen the PC Gamer article and it is a New Vegas screenshot. New Vegas is using the Fallout 3 engine and many of its assets, so it's natural that it will look like a Fallout 3 mod in many ways. Ausir(talk) 02:29, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Alright then. Josrence44 02:30, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
Fallout 3?[edit source]
Im not saying this isnt a screenshot from Fallout New Vegas but Tebitha looks a lot like a Fallout 3 super mutant that has been reskinned and wears different armor. Look at the background as well don't you think it looks like F3 and that Obsidian would have tried to make the graphics better? The screenshot does look a lot like a mod for F3 but the armor, wig and glasses give away it is from Fallout New Vegas. But you can never be too sure... Chiefsean16 12:29, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, let's give you 12 months to get screenshots for a completely new game out to the public. It has to be completely new; new characters, new game mechanics, new story. And you've only got the Fallout 3 engine to do it with.
- Why the hell does every last game need to look like Crysis? Both Fallout and Fallout 2 were graphically poor for their day and age, and most of the textures in Fallout 2 were reused from Fallout. I couldn't care less about what it looks like as long as I can still see it. Nitty Tok. 12:37, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I won't touch the recently brought-to-question validity of the image (it's rather obviously scanned from a magazine), but I will say that we should be glad they decided to use the same engine and assets as Fallout 3. It's going to give a sense of familiarity and people like that. This I know, being a person myself. Hell, I'm looking forward to seeing Fallout 3-style Mariposa Super Mutants. Just please God let them change the physics system. SteveZombie 13:49, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
Youve got a point. I wouldnt care less how it looked either Im just wondering.Chiefsean16 12:40, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
.I find it wierd that thier wasn't 1 female Super Mutant in fallout 3, But there's 1 in New Vagas,Does anyone know why or HOW she's female,Or do most male and female muties look and sound the same??-Tommygunner32-14:52-Febuary 16-2010 (UTC)
- I haven't played the other 2 games but in fallout 3 it's established that the process that transforms a person into a supermutant turns them into a generless hunk of muscle. Notes on the subject can be found in Vault 87A Pickering 15:22, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
And there's nothing that say's Tabitha is female. Could just be an ordinary Supermutant gone nuts, changed name and donned a wig. Or maybe he/she was female before mutation and wants to show off the former femininity.A Pickering 15:25, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
A Pickering is right about that Spore - Spore never changes 18:50, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
So was he/she female before becoming supermutant? or just gone totally insane after the fact?
- Looks like she fancies herself to be the second Master, just like Gammorin, Melchior, and Attis before her. Nitty Tok. 04:36, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
Gender of Super Mutant Tabitha[edit source]
I'm having issues with the idea that "Tabitha" is male OR female here. According to the lore in Vault 87 (Fallout 3), in order to create a more even evolutionary playing field, when subjected to the F.E.V., subjects lost any gender traits, making them sterile and genderless. I know there's a difference between Mariposa super mutants and Vault 87 super mutants, but that is clearly a Vault 87 super mutant.
Spidy740 20:25, March 22, 2010 (UTC) Thank you for the correction (Spidy740, 3/22/2010)
They are using the same models for Mariposa super mutants as the DC sms. The only place where I have seen "her" mentioned as a crazy male is XBOX official magazine. That makes me wonder if "she" actually was a she pre mutation and the article author just got it wrong.
Then again the fact that Mariposa sms still show their orginal gender makes that questionable. <shrug> maybe the developers are too lazy to model female super mutants.
18.104.22.168 17:07, April 7, 2010 (UTC)my2cents
- No, female supermutants are almost identical to male ones, sans reproductive organs. FEV ain't the most precise thing in the world. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 08:37, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
Tabitha was female before the transaction but since mariposa supermutants are smarter than the average one they would still have some memories rarely so she remembers dresses up as a girl Spore - Spore never changes 18:54, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
This is what J.E. Sawyer has to say about the subject[edit source]
"Before being dipped in the vats, Tabitha was a female human. She continues to self-identify as female. Descriptions of her as being "in drag" are not accurate; FEV transforms female humans in the same way as male humans, leaving their appearance very similar."
This info can be found here:
This info can be found here.
Mad Max[edit source]
In the original Mad Max movie, about 35 minutes into it one of the nomad bikers is wearing heart shaped glasses but has on a red scarf instead of a blue one. Can it be a possible reference? Not like a reference where we make a "behind the scenes" section. TrailerParkApe 07:11, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
Inspired by Fallout 3 mod?[edit source]
Super mutant capturing an engineer and running a radio station? Sounds awfully like this mod: http://forums.bethsoft.com/?showtopic=932728
22.214.171.124 21:30, July 30, 2010 (UTC)
I thought that mod inspired Tabitha as soon as i heard the radio station on Black Mountain part. Jackass2009 00:13, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
Wasn't the fact of her lack of sanity based solely on perceived gender issues which have been clarified to not exist (aka she is not a confused male, but an actual female)? Should the word "insane" be removed from the introduction to the article? Kris mailbox 18:23, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
in fallout 3 they say super mutans faces is stuck in af pain poision
in fallout 1 and 2 there faces is free moving...
and isn´t Tabitha not from misaposa
- Yes, Tabitha is from Mariposa, or at least is of that same strain. The picture of her is an old, pre-revamp pre-release shot. No more current screenshot is available. --Kris 15:58, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Why does Rhonda redirect here? Does she not deserve her own page?--OzzMan 22:22, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
She has her own post now.--Funnytown01 15:52, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
Black Mountain Broadcats[edit source]
i don't suppose we could get someone to get down and then put on either here, State of Utobitha or Black Mountain, Tabitha's radio broadcasts? I'd offer myself but I killed her, so could someone perhaps do it?
Is Tabitha talking to herself?[edit source]
I think this because when you fix Rhonda it sounds nothing like "she" does on the radio. --ExceptNeil 09:44, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, she's talking to herself. What clued you in? --Kris 10:41, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
BATTLE CATTLE[edit source]
BEWAREEEE THE BATLEEEE CATTLEEE! and if thats what she call the legion what does she call the NCR? --Kanto's Champion 06:10, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
–The NCR are referred to as the "2 Headed Bear people". It's a reference to the bear on their flag, which is based off the current state flag of California. --Moonlghtknt 05:32, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
Young Ones?[edit source]
Tabitha sounds a lot like Rick and often belittle's Neil... Fallout: Shades of Grey, coming 2012 16:07, September 14, 2011 (UTC)
Tabitha, Psycho and Norman Bates[edit source]
So I'm pretty convinced there is a reference to Psycho here. Evidence: Norman Bates' psychosis involves a split personality disorder, and he wears a blonde wig while playing the part of his mother in a conversation with himself. Spookily similar to Tabitha. That might also imply that Tabitha is in fact originally male (though supermutants once changed from human are strictly sexless, so the issue is moot).
Even if some 'authority' from Bethesda says otherwise, the Psycho ref is still strongly supported, so the revision ought to stand. The revision does not pronounce definitively whether Tabitha is originally male or female in any case, leaving the issue open.--Cally777 08:33, November 15, 2011 (UTC)