This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Tesla-Beaton prototype".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
gunna go get this beast now...ill tell everyone how hard the bots are on normal >.< --Drldrl 06:44, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
got it...was using anti-material on bots but switched to alien blaster and killed em all xD looks cool but fires like a normal tesla --Drldrl 06:44, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
I got the gun at this site but did not encounter any robots. I did have the dog and Cassidy as companions during this.
- Odd. I had exactly the same experience -- stormed in there with the pulse gun out, ready for a fight, and.... nothing. I also had Cassidy as a companion, with an upgraded ED-E (cannon). Someone else ought to take Cass up there and see what happens. Wunengzi 01:40, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
- YCS/186 Gauss rifle with Robotics Expert will destroy even hardened robots in just a few shots on normal difficulty. Mictlantecuhtli 17:32, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
Can someone verify that the Tesla Cannon is in FONV? Cuz the only page that claims the Cannon to be in NV also claims it to appear at the Crashed Vertibird, which is obviously the Beaton and not the Cannon. Or, in other words, why is the Cannon added to the "repair" section on this page while it is not confirmed that the Cannon is an (intended) in-game weapon (might still appear in game files). --Radnus 184.108.40.206 01:54, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, i can confirm that the original tesla cannon is in the game. I purchased mine from silver rush in freeside and this one does look identical to the one in Fallout 3. It also uses 40 ECPs. 220.127.116.11 08:33, October 28, 2010 (UTC)Jack Teh Ripper
- I believe you can get one for free if you get the key to the Brotherhood of Steel safe house. There's one on a lower shelf there and no one minds if you make off with it. It's in pretty poor condition, though. Wunengzi 01:43, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
According to the in-game tooltip, this weapon does more single-shot damage than nearly any other weapon I have, yet it seems to be consistently doing much less in actual use. With 100 energy weapons skill, Overcharged EC Packs and PER of 9, I am unable to one-shot a deathclaw with a sneak-attack critical while I can do that just fine with the Anti-materiel rifle. The tooltip shows 170 dmg with the T-B prototype with OC packs, too. 18.104.22.168 01:11, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
- The hardest thing about the gun is it's weight, and lack of splash damage. Each shot has to hit the target dead on and in that scenario the YCS/186 is much better. Mictlantecuhtli 11:24, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know how much damage it's actually doing but I do know I floored the Legendary Deathclaw with three direct hits from it, and that thing has 850 HP (I'm so-so with energy weapons too, only about 65). I'd begun the conversation by putting a hatchet poisoned with Bleak Venom into its back, which should have taken it down a maximum of 150 HP, so that leaves 700 to be accounted for by the Tesla-Beaton prototype. The graphic effect suggests that there's some lingering electrical damage, and perhaps that hasn't been accounted for properly. Wunengzi 01:52, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
Yes it has a duration damage effect, often thats what will kill a humanoid npc instead of the initial damage, its also likely that youl get killed by the effect if your using the gun up close.
Behind the scenes?
Is there an actual reference for the Kate Beaton comic connection? just seems a bit far fetched
- I could understand it being a Kate Beaton reference, but there sure as heck isn't a Nova Scotian flag on this gun. If there were, the blue and white would be pretty recognizable against the all-orange gun. --22.214.171.124 07:57, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
Repair costs are outrageous
After finding it in the condition it was in I went to Raul who said he'd fix it for (drum roll) 20,541 caps.
- Or if you have a decent level in Repair, you can do it for less than 100 caps with Weapon Repair Kits, the closest thing to a magic wand this game has. A good investment, even if you're planning to sell it ASAP -- especially if you're planning to sell it ASAP. Wunengzi 02:02, January 25, 2011 (UTC)
My level was over 20 when I tried finding the vertibird in my second playthrough. I arrived at the nuclear test site only to find I was surrounded by high level ghouls. Fortunately for me, I was playing casually (very easy difficulty) and had my space suit on. I barely managed to kill them all (there were at the very least ten ghouls, comprised of glowing ones and reavers), and both of my companions were knocked out within ten seconds. When I got to the vertibird, there were no robots at all. And by that, I mean ED-E's sensors could not pick up any hostiles. If this is supposed to happen, then players should be warned, as this is far worse than encountering a few rusty robots. The radiation alone, caused by the glowing ones, is enough to kill any player that isn't wearing a protective suit (and trust me when I say you won't have time to shoot and shoot up rad-away). This could just be a bizarre bug of some sort, but I would love to see if anyone else has experienced this. Scared the living bejesus out of me.
- If you sneak and use a silenced or suppressed rifle with AP ammo -- even the varmint rifle with a silencer and its very nice scope -- you can knock the heads off most of those ghouls before they even notice you. Ideally, use Christine's COS silencer rifle from Old World Blues. Toss a few mines or satchel charges downslope for insurance. Wunengzi 05:32, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
- I picked this gun up but never bothered repairing it as I made a close combat character. On normal difficulty I didn't have any trouble with the ghouls...even the glowing one's radiation wasn't really problematic. I was level ~24 though. At any rate, when I initially got to the vertibird there were no robots. Later on when I was level 30 I fast traveled back and there were a bunch of bots. Beware the game will spawn you right next to them and they will immediately attack. They aren't rusty either. I was weilding Oh Baby! with 10 strength and 100 melee and it took me probably 8-10 normal swings to bring down one of the sentry bots. Pretty sure they had tougher armor or something because they definitely took more punishment then when I encountered the same bots in other areas.
the sentry bots there are weird, they have 0 DT but a ton of health.126.96.36.199
- My courier at the time was wearing T-51B armor/helmet, two ranks of toughness, the subdermal armor implant, life giver, and 10 endurance (475 health) and by the time I killed everything I still had lost about half my health.
The 40mm and 25mm pulse grenades for the grenade launchers introduced in Gun Runners' Arsenal make hash of these robots and they can be fired in an arc that keeps the player out of line of sight, leaving the targets totally helpless. Wunengzi 05:25, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
On the 360 file where I have this, it is a single target weapon except when using metldown. It's shockwave/explosion doesn't deal any type of damage to nearby enemies only the one hit with the beam. Mictlantecuhtli 21:08, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Well its not single target on the ps3, I hit three Cazador's at once with this thing.
Is there any particular reason why the textures on this unique weapon look like ass? YCS has a bug that displays the ground model with lower rez textures in first person, which can be fixed - but Tesla Beaton is just a pain to look at.--Frosty. 19:51, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Same problem as the YCS, except there plain isn't a texture for the 1st person Beaton. Nitty Tok. 19:52, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
Does anyone else notice this weapon looks like the Gravity Gun from Half-Life 2 and it's episodes? Honestly, it's the first thing I thought when I saw the weapon. I'm talking more about the color scheme than the actual shape, but still. --TJbrena 16:14, February 11, 2011 (UTC)
Tesla Becon VS FatmanMIRV
The Tesla-BeaconProto. Makes the ExperimentalMIRV look like a BB gun XD
Why is the After effect not listed? (25 for 2 seconds)
old world blues
im pretty sure i remembered seeing one in the old world blues trailer than again doesnt thnat make sense the prototpe was on a vertibird surronded by dead scienctists and protected by robots i think that the tesla cannon was made in big.mt research lab and was being transported to the military before the great war ended and the bombs fell anyone agree --Corporal grif 20:00, July 17, 2011 (UTC)
- No. --NaveNinja88 19:44, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
I just found it at the vertibird crash site with no one guarding it on computer. So now i have it at just level 12.--188.8.131.52 10:54, October 4, 2011 (UTC)