Talk:Tri-beam laser rifle (Fallout: New Vegas)
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Tri-beam laser rifle (Fallout: New Vegas)".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Can this just be a place holder for a different type of laser rifle? There wasn't anything confirming it was a tri-beam laser rifle. TrailerParkApe 20:21, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- No, this will still here. It has been confirmed that the Tri-Beam Laser Rifle will be in Fallout: New Vegas by GameTrailers. And it has been confirmed that it's the New Vegas BoS main weapon.Oddii02 20:26, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Erh... Sorry, I deleted your part by mistake...
- But the Tri-beam laser rifle has been confirmed not on the trailer but at GameTrailers TV, last friday 12?30 am.Oddii02 20:35, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Like you just said, they only confirmed their armor, not their weapons. Anyways, it wouldn't make sense for them to have the tri-beam laser rifle because it was introduced as a super mutant weapon in Broken Steel. Show me where they confirmed it. TrailerParkApe 20:36, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Vault_815/New_Vegas_Information_-GT_TV_spot-Oddii02 20:36, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Alright, that's just some guy writing things down on a blog. He probably just wrote that down after looking at the pictures. If you can give me an article that confirms, then I will stop my rant. TrailerParkApe 20:37, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
On the this article, there is a link on the interview. And I would belive this guys article. If it was something with no base, I'm sure Ausir would havew already corrected it.
And, now taht I see, your first question was if the weapon is really confirmed, and yes, it's, as you can see by the pictures. Oddii02 20:42, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Pictures don't really confirm anything. The super mutants in the early pictures of New Vegas were just place holders. So therefore that means those super mutants aren't in the game. The link on the article is just to the video. They never mention what type of weapons they have. TrailerParkApe 20:43, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
Can't you realise that if that laser rifle was place holder, they would have chosen a diferent model? Like the AER9 one? What difference does it makes anyway? You wouldn't be helping anyone puting the page as a place holder. And remember, almost anything in the weapons page is confirmed if pictures can't tell the true. Oddii02 20:49, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- It might be a place holder, but it stays until confirmed as otherwise. Nitty Tok. 20:50, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks Nitty. Oddii02 20:54, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
I don't see how it is necessary to refer to the 'New Vegas' BoS, as I'm certain that they remain affiliated with the original Brotherhood... also, there is a possibility that those aren't Tri-Beam LR's, possibly just placeholder skins for the original Wattz LR or another type of LR. DharmaBloodyDharma 08:16, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- couldnt they just be BLACK laser rifles, good lord is that so far fetched? ralok 23:42, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
NO it should be listed as brotherhood laser rifle until we know what it is ralok 23:47, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- NO it shouldn't. We shouldn't make changes based on a lack of information. Kris mailbox 23:48, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
NO we should be telling people that the brotherhood uses a laster rifle that shoots three laser beams, or that there even is a laser rifle that shoots three laser beams in the game until we know for sure. All we know is taht the brotherhood uses a laser rifle that is colored black END OF IT, brotherhood laser rifle -_- or new vegas laser rifle. ralok 23:50, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
yes . . . . how did you not know that, isnt that the point ive been trying to make? ralok 23:55, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Just making sure of what I was disagreeing with. And yes, I do disagree; if the page name needs to be changed, then it should be changed to what it is, not from one speculation to another. Since we don't KNOW for SURE what it is, this name is as good as any other. Perhaps it should have been given a different speculative name when it was created, but there's no sense changing it now, until we can change it to what it actually is. Kris mailbox 23:58, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
How about just "black laser rifle (new vegas)" we havent seen the gun firing and thus we have no way of telling if it has three lasers or not (thats what tri-beam means bro) ralok 00:06, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm well aware of what "tri" means. I still say that it shouldn't be changed until we know exactly what it really is. Let's say we change it to "Black laser rifle (Fallout: New Vegas)" and then we find out, oops, that model was just a placeholder for the Wattz 2000! Or we change it to "Brotherhood Laser Rifle" and it turns out that it's in no way unique to that faction. Or we change it to anything else, and find out, oh, it really IS a tri-beam laser rifle. Since we can't know, now, what it will be in the released game, we should not change it now. If it does turn out to not be a tri-beam laser rifle, which I think is likely, then and only then do we change it - and we change it to what it really is, not to someone else's guess of what it might turn out to be. Get my drift? Kris mailbox 00:51, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
i get your drift but its not really that much of a hassle to change a pages name. I mean its preferable to have a good name than it is to lie about the content of a game. It is not a big deal bro. ralok 01:08, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
Just leave the way it is! If they were using a 2000 watz placeholder, wouldn't it be much probable to be the FO3 laser rifle, insted of a Broken steel model of a laser shotgun?184.108.40.206 19:47, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
So, everything from fallout 3 is a placeholder then? :rolleyes: 220.127.116.11 15:52, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Weapon Mods[edit source]
ive used the rifle. it is a tri beam. not a place holder.
The normal version does not have weapon mods, but the GRA version has 18.104.22.168.100 14:52, October 7, 2011 (UTC)