This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Tulip".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
That's an odd...feature they included.
- Gotta love it: "...But still, why would you want to? Unless you've got some necrophiliac tendencies, in which case full steam ahead."
- Haha! On another note, when trying to do a speedrun and getting stomped by the mutants at Jefferson Memorial, I decided to recruit Charon to make things a little easier, cutting Greta's smoke break short in the process. Didn't stop there though, I killed Tulip as well to get at her store's inventory and found out you can kill her with no karma penalty and without the other inhabitants of Underworld caring one little bit. Something to do for a fast run-through of the game, though it's not the best strategy. Dcruze 02:12, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
Can anyone confirm that the seduction actually works? It seems like a prank. It doesn't work for me and there's no description of the speech check in the speech article list.188.8.131.52 14:45, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, it does. After you get the ball rolling with Lady Killer you need a speech check afterwards. Seems to be a bit funny, though; sometimes it gives you the option to chat her up and sometimes it doesn't. Haven't been able to test it, possibly due to where you are in the game or how much you've already talked to her? Although it's amusing I'm getting rid of "But still, why would...": Irrelevant and anyway it's not strictly necrophilia. Coming Second 21:34, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Has anyone tried spading this out? I've spoken with Tulip several times already and the [Lady Killer] option hasn't come up for me. Nymphonomicon 22:22, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
Can somebody confirm that this is real? GECK lists this as not present in the German version of the game. Golan2781 18:50, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
There appears to be no such thing in the English GECK either, its some strange prank.
It's from a mod on fallout3nexus called 'Seducing Women'.
- Bingo. Either some wiki editor isn't keeping track of their mods, or is playing a prank. In any case, the whole "seduction" bit is part of the mod and certainly not part of this page. 184.108.40.206 15:42, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
Bittercup connections ?!?
Seriously, what´s the point of this trivia note? The armor they both wear isn´t exactly what I´d call rare (GECK lists it as just as common as the other mercenary armors) and the name reference is kinda far fetched - it´d be more likely that Flower is the result of Dave making a stop at the Underworld and... urgh, no, better not finish that thought. Golan2781 14:43, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
I guess Dave just likes it like that. :P --Turbine2k5 14:45, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
joking aside, its not possible, as "ghouls don't work that way"--Katikar 00:40, October 31, 2009 (UTC)
Tulip from Preacher?
Is that possible that this character is "ispirated" by the omonimous one in the "Preacher" series (Tulip O' Hare). Tulip O'Hare, in the comics series, is a crackshot and loves firearms (and those are what the ghoul Tulip sells), furthermore she is in love with the protagonist of the series, who fights against God (and the ghoul Tulip gives a copy of a book somehow related to this conflict).
I thought to note this as I've seen that you spoke about references in other cases. PS forgive my english, I'm italian
Are we sure Tulip's behavior is due to a crush on the player character? I mean, I always thought she was just desperate for customers, and the Lone Wanderer was the only frequent customer she had...
--Cyberweasel89 14:52, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
Yeah she's desperate for customers, but she also acknowledges that she has nowhere to spend her profits but Mabels and the 9th Circle. I'd say her enthusiasm is a little bit more than getting some money for a steak, or beer. --A Pickering 15:03, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- That aside, she plainly says she's lonely. Using the word "lonely". Wiki discussion pages rarely seem to take dialogue at face value. 220.127.116.11 13:01, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
SatanicAngel 17:29, April 6, 2010 (UTC)Tulip gives info for sex?
Am I the only one that thinks when you ask Tulip about Mister Crowley and she says
"I'm not going to rat on a customer unless..y'know."
If you succeed the speech check she the replies
"Oh, Big spender. Well anything will do."
Seems like she's trying to get at something
You have to bribe her to do that, and the fact that she says "oh big spender" is said when the bribe you give her is small.