Talk:Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
It's possible to survive a point-blank Fat Man blast in VATS. The lower your Big Guns skill and weapon condition (if you're the one wielding it) and the higher your DR (which is taken into account before the 90% reduction of damage taken) the more likely you'll survive. I haven't tested with the MIRV but I'm gonna have to say it's not possible since it deals so much more damage, the 8 projectiles in and of themselves would almost completely negate any benefit of the 90% damage reduction. Kris (talk) 13:47, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
In the introduction paragraph, it states that V.A.T.S. is used to target specfic body parts, but lacks that it also used for a cinematic combat experience. I'm going to add that, but I wanted to state my reason why. The reason is simple: Bethesda clearly put it all over the games' case.
Rare V.A.T.S bug
I tried to attack a mole-rat in vats unarmed, and after the vats animation (i missed) i appeared VERY far away from where I was. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Unless it happens again, just write it off as a glitch. No sense listing it if it's just a one-time thing. Kris (talk) 16:05, August 6, 2010 (UTC)
I have had the same problem, several times Deathclawpoop 12:33, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
Origin of V.A.T.S
Ok, so the ad says it's "post-nuclear," but... wasn't it available in Anchorage? I've not played the sim in a good while so I can't exactly remember, but I'm sure I shot a Chinese commando with the Gauss Rifle through the face as soon as I picked it up... LordSchmee 09:35, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
It's a simulation, you bring your pipbody inside the battlefield (also you require the pipboy to operate the simulation) and I didn't see any NPC in the sim to have a pipboy tough. Wertoret 16:57, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
- It's really random how you can use it in Tranquility Lane if you need a PIP to use it... GamerAddict7796 16:09, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
Even More Broken Than Before
VATS in New Vegass, with the latest Patch, is now unbelievably bugged. Upon entering VATS, my Character stops moving completely, doesn't shoot or hit anything, and stands there rim-rod stiff as mobs tear him to pieces. This Has to be one of the worst bugs ever, especially since it makes the game unwinnable when forced to fight fast moving mobs (like those Mother Fucking Cazadar flies near Red Rock)
- Did they ever fix VATS causing enemies to appear right behind the courier? 1 giant radscorpion becaqme 7 one day using vats shortly after the game was released (10 perception, enhanced sensors showed nothing nearby but one scorpion but then I would turn around after using VATS to find a new one right behind me, bring up vats turn around again and theres another newly spawned giant scorpion). Mictlantecuhtli 04:35, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
i like blowing their heads clean off their shoulders, or exploding it, i found an eye of the sniper in Minefield, i was like cool!! 126.96.36.199 15:20, March 16, 2011 (UTC)
Shouldn't fallout 1 or 2 have a little segment? I mean, it was still vats, it was just a little different.
- It was not VATS. VATS was introduced in FO3.--Gothemasticator 02:04, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
What actually is it?
Here's a question, what the hell actually is VATS? I mean, is it something that your Pip-boy does, or is it simply a game mechanic to allow less FPS-type people to play? If your character took off their pipboy, would they still be able to use VATS?
- VATS makes no sense. At all. Just go and watch some fallout fan-made movies on youtube. When they use VATS, you see how stupid it actually is. It's still fun from a gameplay point of view, but from a technical point of view, it's stupid. --Wiseman of the Wastes 10:21, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I feel VATS was put into the game for console players. I've played both FO3 and FNV with my 360 pad, and even on the fastest setting it takes FOREVER to get your crosshair on target. 99% of targets strafe faster than you can aim with a pad. Free aim in general just feels clunky and half-assed on the pad. VATS, however, synergizes incredibly well with the pad, it feels like it's at home when you're using one. When using a mouse and keyboard it feels out of place, like it's just there because they're too lazy to remove it. I, personally, do not use it very much at all. It makes a nice 'Oh Shit!' handle, sure, but I have a mouse and keyboard. I don't need the help aiming, and I don't get any nostalgic feelings towards FO1/2 when using it, so there's little need for me to tap the V key unless I'm down to 12HP And there's a behemoth swinging a fire hydrant in my general direction. TestECull
More damage shown than done
I tried to use the pew-pew to kill caesar and his group in the tent,but although V.A.T.S. shows that you can kill anyone with a headshot with this gun,actually it only takes out half of their HP.My en.weap. skill is 75,if that has something to do.The damage that VATS shows is only done with a critical hit. This is a laser pistol,not a shotgun so VATS should show the precise damage it does,not more.I think this happens with other non-shotgun weapons as well,but not with so big difference!--Frizstyler 14:02, July 29, 2011 (UTC)
Ha,maybe the pew-pew is a melee weapon,where i have skill 30,so that explains the difference--Frizstyler 09:11, July 30, 2011 (UTC)
Most Poorly Designed Mechanic in any Video Game
Barely works half of the time. Always does that stupid dodge move you have no control of choosing which breaks and locks you in vats as you die. Still hasn't been fixed in New Vegas after the final patch. Garbage. Absolute utter garbage. --an0my(talk) 16:37, October 9, 2011 (UTC)