This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Vault 112".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Residents Wearing Vault 77 Suits[edit source]
I think this may be like another nod to the "puppet master" since like, Braun is playing with the vault residents like puppets, i was reading the notes and i went and checked it out and yeah, they do have 77 suits on, and i thought, puppets, i mean, i'm not saying it has to be but it seems like the sort of nod that is very prevelant throughout the game.
- It's laziness. They should be wearing V112 jumpsuits. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/thumb/4/4a/Naglowaa_se.gif/11px-Naglowaa_se.gif Tagaziel (call!) 17:40, December 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Given that there's no Vault 77 in the game, and it's only referenced in a Penny Arcade comic that is referenced in another part of the game, what you call laziness is very obviously an easter egg.
- No, it's laziness. They simply copied the templates for Vault dwellers, without so much as assigning them the correct jumpsuits. Vault 112 jumpsuits are already in the game. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/thumb/4/4a/Naglowaa_se.gif/11px-Naglowaa_se.gif Tagaziel (call!) 11:55, January 18, 2010 (UTC)
But there is no V77, so it would make sense if they were to assign them any random vault dweller jumpsuit it'd be one of a vault that actually exists in the game, being as the only obtainable (without hacks, mods etc.) would be the puppet masters suit in paradise falls, i highly doubt they'd use a unique piece of clothing out of laziness, which is why i orgininally thought it might be an easter egg, since to me they seem like puppets to braun, maybe it was laziness, but it seems very unlikely they'd do something like that out of laziness.
- The jumpsuit already exists in the game, but the devs didn't add it to the occupants. It would qualify as an Easter Egg if it was generally somehow accessible in the game, rather than through the GECK. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/thumb/4/4a/Naglowaa_se.gif/11px-Naglowaa_se.gif Tagaziel (call!) 08:20, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
is it really laziness though? they never intended anyone to see their backs so maybe they didnt feel the need to give them 112 suits. 188.8.131.52 00:37, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I noticed that the guys wear the 77 but the girls wear 112! GamerAddict7796 16:27, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
When was the vault occupied ?[edit source]
Based on the robobrains statements that we are 202.3 years late, and seeing as the game takes place in late summer/early fall 2277, wouldnt that place the vaults original occupation date in late spring/early summer 2075? So were the occupants volunteers at the time ?
Number of Occupants[edit source]
It says that the Vault was designed for 85 occupants, but there are only 13 Tranquility loungers. Can someone explain this or is it an error?184.108.40.206 03:51, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Everything in the game is compressed. Do you think Vault 101 could have survived with so few people? Rivet city is about as crowded as McDonald's at 2 in the afternoon. Suspension of disbelief it's called.--Gothemasticator 04:41, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
- What do you mean?220.127.116.11 05:50, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
- You're supposed to believe that there are more Tranquility Loungers and people in Vault 112. The idea is that it'd be too much effort to put 85 loungers in the game, same as it would take too much effort to put enough people in Rivet City. It'd take up memory space that can be used to do other things like throwing in an extra location. Setimir92 11:41, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
If a tranquility lounger fails and the occupant is dead , the robobrains would dismantle the lounger and incinerate the occupant ... makes sense to me 18.104.22.168 18:53, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
Helmet and armor disappear[edit source]
I was doing Tranquility Lane with a woman PC, and she had an extra pair of panties in her inventory from a mod. So, I decided to leave these on when putting on the Vault 112 jumpsuit and see what would happen. Tranquility Lane went normally, but when I emerged from the pod on the other side, my helmet and armor had disappeared from my inventory! (I was still wearing the Vault 112 jumpsuit and the panties.) I had to run after Dad in the jumpsuit until we killed a Talon Company mercenary and I stripped him of his armor.
Has anyone else tried to circumvent the "no clothes except the Vault 112 jumpsuit" rule? It seems that something in the program detected that I was indeed wearing something non-Vault-112 and tried to take it away from me. However, since the vanilla game doesn't have variable underwear, it took my outerwear from my inventory, despite my having removed it.
I had taken the Lacy Underwear as well when in Tranquility Lane, but since the place and everything it contains is nothing but a simulation, I wasn't surprised when it had vanished from my inventory after the simulation was over. Wunengzi 10:20, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
I decided to try and go back to Tranquillity Lane, I put back on the Vault 112 suit and tryed to go back in but said I was no longer autherized, but theres no mention of it on site, any reason why I can't go back in?
Dog Meat stays behind[edit source]
When I entered Vault 112 I had Dog Meat as a companion, and after the simulation ended and I went to leave, Dog Meat wouldn't move. Talking to him brought the menu to tell him to stop waiting and to follow me again. Not sure why, but if you have him with you, don't leave him behind!
- All companions wait when you enter the sim. This is by no means news. --Kris 16:07, November 25, 2010 (UTC)
Vault 112 is as secure as a revolving door[edit source]
This vault is supposed to be well hidden and very secure, but it is actually anything but that. What we know is that in a very short time no less than three people entered the vault without any difficult. These people are Pinkerton, James, and of course the Lone Wanderer. If these three people could enter the vault in such a short time it makes you wonder who else has also entered it in its 200 year history, and who else is going to enter it in the future. There's nothing to stop intruders, so nasty folks like Raiders and Mutants and everything else are bound to bust into it eventually, and the only surprising thing is that they haven't already. I don't think Braun and Vault-Tec thought this through very well at all. They could have at least locked the door or added in some Sentry Bots or something. --22.214.171.124 12:38, March 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe they didn't think there would be anyone to come in after the holocaust? GamerAddict7796 16:28, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
Simulation doesn't start[edit source]
When I sit in the Tranquility Lounger, it closes up and the little TV screen swings down and shows Tranquility Lane as normal, then the screen fades to white. But instead of showing a loading screen and going to Tranquility Lane like it's supposed to, it goes right back to me sitting in the pod, and the TV screen has a "Please Stand By" message on it. I can't interact with anything or get out of the pod, and I have to go back to my last save.
I'm running a few mods in my game, but none of them really do anything to Tranquility Lane, and I don't want to spend all day switching them on and off one-by-one. I'm also got Sergent RL-3 as a companion, if that would have an effect on this at all.--Omny87 22:37, August 12, 2011 (UTC)
Killing Robobrain Loses Karma?[edit source]
I tried killing one the Robobrains in Vault 112. I "killed" it, but it says that it lost consiousness instead of being actually killed and me losing karma. I've tried this ont he PS3 version of Fallout 3. User:JohnnyD-the-VGNerd 20:13, September 8, 2011 (UTC)