This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Vault 69".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
I wonder how far Vault 68 was from Vault 69, and how close their openings were to one another. 18.104.22.168 05:10, 18 October 2007 (UTC) Hehe...that would be ironic. ("So THEY're the neighbor's that've been making all that noise? Well, s---.")
- The problem is though, if all the women were fighting over you, then the strongest would emerge victorious, so basically you'd end up being stuck with a very muscular, ugly woman.--22.214.171.124 22:27, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- Actually the most intelligent and most adaptive women would survive. Remember "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, but the one most adaptive to change."(Charles Darwin) Berger
Can't a male have multiple partners?
If i'm not mistaken wouldn't this have worked because a man has the ability to take on multiple parteners. I mean you only need one man to impregnate several woman. And also woman aren't as sexually active as men. So they would be able to wait there turn longer than the men. With vault 68 only one man would be able to mate with the one woman since she can only be pregnate with one baby at a time.
Have sex with all 999 of them? The ladies would tear each other to pieces long before then. Just like 68. Nitty 18:25, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
Assuming the above suggestion does manage to work (all the women take turns), you'll run into an issue one generation down the road where everyone outside of the initial population will be biologically related to everyone else. Aside from the horrible family tree this will cause, there will eventually present the problem of relative mating with each other if the Vault is to even attempt to survive. Though it seems to have worked for Andale, so who knows...
- Inbreeding is not as dangerous as it's believed to be, especially in a long lived species such as humans. Besides, it's 999 women and one guy whose DNA half is randomized every insemination. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/thumb/4/4a/Naglowaa_se.gif/11px-Naglowaa_se.gif Tagaziel (call!) 07:12, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Its a genetic bottleneck that will cause the vault to fail because of inbreeding. This is probably meant to study the effects of inbreeding by forcing the population through a genetic bottleneck. - Redmess 04:08, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't vault 101 start running into this same problem in fallout 3 even with a diverse starting population? 69 Doesn't stand a chance. 126.96.36.199 12:25, January 6, 2010 (UTC)
True. Vault 101 had been closed for about 200 years, about 8 or 9 generations and in about another 3 they would have no choice but to leave, or inbreed. In Vault 69 they would run into trouble after about 4, maybe 5 with careful breeding monitoring. V69 wouldn't have survived more than 100 years.--A Pickering 20:43, January 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Assuming it wouldn't open for a century. Most Vaults were designed to open after a few decades, so twenty to thirty years isn't going to be a problem. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/thumb/4/4a/Naglowaa_se.gif/11px-Naglowaa_se.gif Tagaziel (call!) 18:39, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
I like how you say its not going to be a problem. I'd think 1 guy sealed in with 999 women for thirty years is going to have a lot of problems. I wonder if he even could survive that.--A Pickering 18:56, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
Maybe the guy killed himself because all the women in the Vault went crazy since he was the last guy they might ever see... User:Riond55
You think he got it bad? Wonder how that women felt in Vault 68 with all those men The Unknown User 15:22, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
I know it doesn't say this per say, but what if as part of the experiment the guy turned out to be gay? Julian-adrian 07:22, January 24, 2011 (UTC)julian-adrian by the look of his expression i dont think hes gay
He'd probably get tied up and raped for the rest of his life...
Best Vault ever:D