This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Vault 76".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Considering Vault 76 is mentioned as a control vault and that it was only supposed to be closed for 20 years. Its possible the vault is long abandoned and many residents of capital DC are the descendants of Vault 76's 500+ Inhabitants (I'd guess more people were born then died in those 20 years). While it might appear in future DLC, it be interesting as to what of value would be left behind in a control vault.
It'd be interesting if Vault 76 was another Vault City.
Proof of Vault 76 appearing in-game?
'Vault 76 does appear in the game. Its located in the top right section of the map, a couple of meters away from the Alien Crash Site.' I can't see any Vault 76 at that location, Its possible someone had a mod installed and edited the Wiki...NytewolfAU2k7 15:40, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- Or it might be buried under tons of rock. Anyway, if it opened 20 years after the war, then there wouldn't be much of anything in there, just look at the other vaults, if you didn't want to collect the bobbleheads, there would be no reason to ever set foot in them. They are full of trash and unanswered questions, like how long ago were those clones made? SpellChecker 16:36, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- True... NytewolfAU2k7 18:17, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
Apearing near the alien crash site?
is it just a door or a fully exploreable location? I would assume the fromer. "...EAT A BAGEL! like a boss..."- like a boss, the lonley island 17:10, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- Nah, an editor had a mod installed and thought "OMG!!!! VAULT 76!!! IT'S REAAAALLL!!!" and added it to the wiki... Only to be proven false by our experienced editors :-P
NO IT DOSEN't!!
Maybe it's Off-map?
Vault 76 is in the vicinity of the D.C. area, and the area South of the Tidal Basin is unreachable, at least by normal means.Perhaps the Vault is in this area, where the player cannot go? I think it's a reasonable guess.--Hollow Points 00:29, 28 July 2009 (UTC)Hollow Points
- Only its not in the GECK or GECK resources. NytewolfAU2k7 18:18, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, yes it does need to be in the GECK, because the GECK has all the game resources. If it's not in the GECK, it's not in the game and any speculation on what's not in the game is just that - speculation. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/thumb/4/4a/Naglowaa_se.gif/11px-Naglowaa_se.gif Tagaziel (call!) 22:38, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
Mentioning in Mothership Zeta
One of the captive logs is recorded by a vault-tec official who was apparently overseeing the construction of vault 76 before being abducted, making it now 2 mentions of the vault.
It's probably just another window to make an expansion or dlc
I think Bethesda threw this in so they had an oppurunity to either make an expansion or more likely to make a sequel, so they can stick to the cannon the have constructed in the DC are but not limit you to the same area such as in fallout 1 and 2.
what if you wait 20 game years and then it shows up on your vault pipboy or you have to find it i know its not likly but its a idea
I'm Sorry previous poster, but it would have opened 180 years before the events of Fallout 3. Jetholt (Jetty) 08:12, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
It is in the game. I literally just went there then searched the net because the whole place is empty and it confused me. Not a single item. The entrance is in a tent somewhere. It says its the entrance to a sewer but when you go into it, theres a cave that leads to a vault entrance.
The tent i mentioned earlier is about 1 pip-boy map sqaure (if that makes any sense) East of MDPL-21 power station. This tent has a manhole which leads to a cave which leads to vault 76. But it is VERY boring. Nothing there what so ever except a working computer which cannot be activated for some reason. Possibly a bug.
You must have a mod that adds this. There is a tent in the general location specified (Abandoned Tent) but it contains no manhole.
first of all what system you playing??i play it on ps3
Origin of current Capital Wastelands population
It is possible that the 500 residents of Vault 76 are the ancestors of many of the people currently residing in Capital Wasteland. Or perhaps Vault 76 was Raven's Rock but enclave modified it for their own purposes long after its residents abandoned it.
Raven Rock is a real-life location.
Vault 76 cannot possibly be Raven Rock, as it does not resemble a Vault-Tec vault in any way, shape or form. Raven Rock does not have a cog shaped vault door, and it's layout is not consistant with that of a vault. Neither is the equiptment in it.--Chipgambino 19:46, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
First of all, no, Raven Rock does not exist I live in DC and second of all none of the capital wasteland residents are discendents because lots of the people hate vault people.
- First of all, yes, Raven Rock does exist, I don't live in DC but I know. Second, please provide a citation. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 08:17, February 9, 2010 (UTC)
Yes, THAT Raven Rock exists, but it's massively north of where it is in-game. FinalWish 17:28, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Bethesda did it. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 19:38, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
- The real life location that is called Raven Rock ingame is referenced in the article itself. Kris (talk) 20:16, July 17, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, I after some checking, I dont seem to have anything at all that would add vault 76. But i found it, just east of MSPL-21
north-west of Montgomery County Reservoir. It is a sewer entrance (locked, needs key), leading to a badly damaged and non functional vault. There were, at most, three small rooms with beds, two large rooms and a vault door, laying in the dirt of the cave. It is possible this was in the dlc pack and just never added, and as it needs a key, it seems unlikely it was meant to be opened. You should find it on a ridge immediately to the east of the power station.
- It's not there. Go back there, open the console, click on the entrance, and jot down the first two digits of the number that pops up at the top of the screen (it should also say. below that, whatever the door is called. for example if it says "Manhole Cover to Vault 76" when you point at it with the crosshair, it should say "Manhole Cover" when you click on it in the console. Kris (talk) 02:54, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, you may be right.The console Description of the entrance is "sewer entrance" 0f002cf9. Im going to have to go through my mods and see who put this little easter egg in.
For what its worth, check in quadrant a8, midway between broadcast tower lp8 and mdpl 21, due north of the silo. If you can see no trace, then its obviously an addon of some kind.