This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Vault 87".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Door is unaccessable .
The front door is unaccessable for some reason. I mean not even a small hallway.
- It's supposed to be inaccessible. Kris (talk) 01:10, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I've added a notes about the main vault door, including the fact that it is meant to be inaccessible. I've also removed it's mention from the bugs section since you can only reach it via console commands. --HunterZ 00:22, April 16, 2011 (UTC)
Weird. I found a small pond/lake which seems to have a cave in it, yet nothing is inside the cave, there is also no other exit, it can be found north of the vault. MasterRPGer (talk) 9:42, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I checked it out in the G.E.C.K. - the only thing of note is a couple random creature spawn points. There's nothing in the cave at all. Completely un-noteworthy location lol --Kris mailbox 14:08, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
Yea, I found it a bit funny, I was just walking around that area killing off the mutants and I seen that and I was like, "Ok?" so I looked and it was empty, a bit weird they would just add a small cave with no use. Would be thinking it would have skeletons in it or somethen. MasterRPGer (talk) 10:12, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
Anyone else think that the Vault wold probably be above the surface if one took it's positon in lamplight and all of the stairs inside as true? It seems as if it is very tall in comparison to the amount of ground before the surface. I also thought of this with Vault 108. The Emporer 19:56, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
Still getting in?
I have already got into Vault 87 thorugh Murder Pass and I am now close to being done with the game. But how can I get the door from little lamp light open? I talked to the kids and I think it's too late. Also, can you, from the inside, get to the vault door?
- A). you still can
B). That's a negative ghost rider --Icommandoxx 22:59, February 6, 2011 (UTC)icommandoxx
I tried to get the highest rads I can get, I only found about 2467 rads, is there a spot with more rads near the Vault 87 main entrance? I noticed that someone said there will be more than 3000.
Reaching the Door
Is it at all possible to reach the door alive without cheating? If I were to guess, you might be able to get there if you have 10 Endurance, 100 medicine, rad-X, all rad-resisting perks, a good set of rad-resisting armor, and hundreds of radaway packs hotkeyed to one of the weapon slots so you could constantly drip-feed yourself along your journey, but that's just a hunch.
If you can't access the Vault DOOR?
Then how can the supermutants get in or out? The ony known enterance is via Murder pass through Lamplight caverns, but since all the children are still alive (and all their barriers are still intacked) the supermutants arn't going through that way.--Ant2242 19:33, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- There are actually two ways in via Little Lamplight, not just Murder Pass. But they are the only two known routes. This is one of the many inconsistencies with this the lore of this Vault. My favourite one is how can a wooden door survive a direct hit from a nuke? 19:40, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- The place does actually have the big round vault door, as stated in the article notes. It looks like the developers never got around to building the cave area behind it that would lead to the outside though, which is a shame... But that's what the super mutants/Enclave use off-screen. =) FallHound 18:15, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
Overseer's knowledge of the EEP
"The Overseer and his security guards were not aware of the nature of the experimentation, but were simply following orders from Vault-Tec."
How exactly do we know this? The cut terminal entries show that the Overseer knew they were experimenting with FEV; It could be argued that he didn't know that they were experimenting on the Vault's inhabitants, but I don't see any evidence of this.