This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Wadsworth".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
For me Wadsworth died and I purchased my first laboratory and it did not appear in my house, is it impossible to have any amenities in your house if Wadsworth is killed? (by anonymous user)
I guess it would make sense that a robot would need to be involved to install things so quickly. How did Wadsworth "die"? Console command or what? Tour86rocker 22:14, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Naming reference[edit source]
"His name is a reference to Tim Curry's Character "Wadsworth The Butler" in the movie "Clue"."
Is it? Where's the reference to show this is fact? It could just be coincidence. --MadDawg2552 20:04, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
Getting a new butler[edit source]
my wadsworth died when i went for a killing spree in megaton and he died in a fight with jericho is there anyrthing i can do to get a new 1 please help me i'm missing is really bad jokes and his purified water thanks
--Chinese Assault Rifle Freak 01:45, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
No, if Wadsworth dies then he's dead. Unless he respawns 72 hours later, if he does then he might "tidy up" and you may lose some items no matter where they are.
--Guthy 16:17, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
I get the room at Megaton, and this robot won't move at all. Well, sometimes I load and he goes upstairs and gets stuck, but otherwise he just sits there. I remember him moving around and stuff, has anyone else experienced this bug? (A Wanderer) 04:19, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
war hero?[edit source]
i was reading a book in my reading class today about world war two ad in it there was a guy (whos whole name i cant remember) whos last name was wadswoth he was known for running towards enemy soldiers firing his machine gun until it jammed he then picked up a rife and shot till it ran out of bullets he was shot in the am but refused medical care until all the other injured troops were helped first
Unless he also happened to be a butler this is irrelevent and probably be on a blog. It would have worked if he was a mr gutsy but as a Mr Handy is the non-combat type it doesn't.In future sign your posts with four tiles (~) or the signature button JaspertheViking :D? 14:36, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
In the notes it states that he may say offending things to you under his (implied) breath, but I have never heard anything anything along the lines of "How may I serve you Master?" Followed by (again not in the dialogue subtitles) "...not that I really want to." He only says the first part. My character however is lvl 27, Herald of Tranquility, maybe he only says rude things when you're an evil character. My Wadsworth is very polite and proper to me, even with the volume up a lot I don't hear anything under his breath.--Berkbelts 21:57, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- After reading this, I tried it out, but only heard "...really want to." I was good at the time. Fat Man Spoon 22:00, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Huh, maybe it only happens occasionally. --Berkbelts 22:46, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- Same here. it may just be that i have a 100 in science, though. or that i'm playing a good charicter. -[[Talk:Poopskintheliar|Poopskintheliar]], Local retrocomputing geek. 17:38, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- I can confirm this. Not sure if it's alignment related, but I am a goodie-goodie. He does actually say, "How may I serve you, master? ....not that I really want to." Play on the 360. 18.104.22.168 17:00, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I tested this out a few times today, and he tends to do a lot of muttering. One is when he asks if he can do anything for you, and he quietly adds "Nothing, I hope." Another is when he says "It's good to see you alive and well," followed by "Well, it's good to see you, anyway." And the last is when you ask about the My First Laboratory, in which he will explain that it will detoxify you of any addiction, and adding "Knowing what you're addicted to, it might blow out the program altogether..." I play a female Herald of Tranquility and he's been doing it ever since I got him at the beginning of the game. 22.214.171.124 16:08, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
- It depends on your karma. Nukey (talk) 16:17, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I've got 3 level 20's (no add-ons) each played from the beginning to end in good/evil/neutral (yes I'm crazy) and he says it in every version and place. 126.96.36.199 18:27, January 12, 2011 (UTC)
I'm reading Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons" right now, and at one point a joke is made that sounds extremely similar to Wadsworth's ("Neutrinos have mass? ... I didn't even know they were Catholic!" -- page 568, paperback edition). Is it possible that this was intended, or do you think this is just a coincidence? -- Dracosummoner 00:08, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
I think it's a coincidence.Kingclyde 00:11, 29 May 2009 (UTC)kingclyde
- There's a lot of little science jokes out there. It's most certainly a coincidence, considering the age of the joke and the age of the book. That joke is VERY old. And that book is what? Maybe 10 years old? User:TomahawkNT
Maid services[edit source]
In Fallout 3 house improvements it is stated that Wadsworth will remove "decorative" items in a process of tidying up. Has anyone tested this by killing him and comparing before and after item stability? 20:12, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
I havent killed him, but god knows I want to.. (Most annoying character ever!)
I have noticed two things, but I don’t know if wadsworth did it or the house simply “respawning” did it. (These are both in the megaton house)
On my first play through, I bought the wasteland theme. It included some skulls on the main room bookshelf that I didn’t care for. They couldn’t be picked up and added into my inventory so I picked them up using the grab action and carried them upstairs and placed them on the shelf in the upper spare room. I then placed items I liked in their place. Later on the skulls were back but they were on top of the items I had placed there.
Also I took the items off of the picnic table and just placed them in a storage locker and I placed several items on display there as well. None of them were ever moved or went missing and the original item were never put back.
In my second play through I didn’t purchase a theme. I decorated the shelves with many items and they have all stayed in place. (occasionally something will move slightly or fall off) However I took one of the wooden crates from the kitchen area and placed a few items in it. Then I placed the crate elsewhere in the house. Later on the crate was moved back to the kitchen shelf and the items I had placed in it were simply lying on the floor where the crate had been placed.
Now I’m just making a guess but it seems to me that if the item is something you can pick up and add to your inventory, then you can either store it or sell it and put something else in its place. However if its something you have to move using the grab feature then it seems to be placed back where it was after a short time.
However I havent had anything go missing regardless of what does and doesn’t get moved back to its original place.
I have thought about killing the damn robot (in fact I have a couple of times, but I reloaded the game afterward) but then he would just lie there for the rest of the game. Personally I really wish they would have made the butler an item you could purchase from Moira if you wanted it instead of making it come automatically. Honestly what good does he do? Aside from 5 free bottles of water once a week he offers no other useful feature IMO. ReapTheChaos 04:34, January 30, 2010 (UTC)
- UPDATE: Alright, after having Wadsworth get in my way one to many times while I was in my Megaton bedroom, I finally killed him and dragged his body into the spare room. I then recreated what I mentioned above with the items in the milk crate. After a period of time the house respawned and again the crate was moved back to its place on the kitchen shelf and the items I had placed in it were again left lying on the floor. Wadsworth’s “remains” disappeared as well.
- I think we can put to rest the notion that the Wadsworth/Godfrey has anything to do with items moving or disappearing inside your home. It seems that the house itself is designed to replace items back to their original placement after a period of time. Unless anyone has evidence to the contrary I think the comment should be removed from the article page as it seems purely speculative if not wrong altogether. ReapTheChaos 11:55, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Is it safe to assume that i can drop any item within my tenpenny house/megaton house without worry of it vanashing? My main concern is that i collect oversized/undersized items within the game (example Red racer teddy bear and SAT ray bear),so I'm concerned of those items vanashing and would rather place them in the floor instead of my safe which houses my "rare/unique" items because from what i understand,items that stack lose their unique size and revert back to their original default appearance. So can it be safely assumed that their has never been any issues with any items vanashing within the houses ever? If anyone can answer,I'd appretiate it. It's bothered me for a very long time because i would also like to decorate my house with other random things as well.Lionheart777
05:28, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
@Lionheart777 I'm pretty certain items won't vanish on you except for some sort of freak bug (and that sort of thing is probably just as likely to happen in your locker as out in the open). I got a bunch of trash I accidentally picked up that's on my floor that's (unfortunately) never gone away. I also though have the red racer teddy bear, which hasn't gone anywhere either :) Jimera0 06:51, April 9, 2011 (UTC)
"Personally I really wish they would have made the butler an item you could purchase from Moira if you wanted it instead of making it come automatically." I feel the same, especially since he seems so out of place in megaton
Two stupid Wadsworth stories[edit source]
1.This one time I went to Wadsworth to get a Haircut and the picture actually moved down to my freaking crotch!!It was fudging hilarious!LOL, right?
2.One time my buddy,D,got pissed cuz Wadsworth was stuck in his room and he couldn't access his unique weapons collection (He has every gun besides the Eugene and Protectron's Gaze,all fully repaired) so he hotkeyed his Miss Launcher and killed him!Now he uses Wadsworth as a dream catcher. Somehow he pinned it up.Probably with a Railway Rifle. HuangLee 02:23, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Yeah. Wear the chinese stealth suit and then ask for a haircut (try both sneaking and not), its funny.188.8.131.52 03:29, January 11, 2010 (UTC)
hey i deactivated wadsworth right in the middle of the downstairs floor and now he just stays there its annoying as he's right in front of the door, i dont miss his annoying jokes but i kinda miss the free water, can i bring him back or move him? (PS3)
Sergeant Wadsworth[edit source]
So, I basically installed Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta, and normal wadsworth turned into Sergeant Wadsworth, maybe it's just one of my mod, but now he has an army skin, anyone got the same thing?
- Are you sure you're not thinking of Sergeant RL-3? He's a Mr. Gutsy, which looks like a Mr. Handy with an army skin and an American accent. 184.108.40.206 03:05, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
I got the same thing. I installed all of the add-ons and as soon as the Broken Steel pop-up appeared Wadsy became green. Niether his name or voice changed, just his coloring. Yum Brahmin 00:25, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Female Character[edit source]
Wadsworth Re-Animation[edit source]
Currently, this page states:
"If you kill Wadsworth, he will re-animate at a later date. Upon doing so, he could "straighten up" your house, resulting in loss of some items in your home, including items stored in lockers."
Is this even true? He has yet to re-animate in my game.