This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Wanamingo".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
entsThey are not sterile. It was MCA's mistake - the queen had, like, eggs... Ausir 23:02, 24 Jul 2005 (CEST)
Aleins or Not?
"They are not aliens"
- "These aliens"
- Are these aliens or not?
--TheFrogger 00:05, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Not actual aliens, but they are often called "aliens". Ausir 00:07, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
"*A Wanamingo is a mythical creature in North American Native mythology it was said that these creatures would steal the heart of any person who had done bad deeds in their pastime."
I took this out until it has a source. I've looked around and can't find anything. Wickedjacob 08:55, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
Here is the source http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Wendigos 18.104.22.168 09:40, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
meh, the source is a poorly 1st person article with no sources. but whatever. Wickedjacob 10:57, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Poorly written aside, did either of you notice that it is an article about Wendigos? Not Wanamingos.--Gothemasticator 12:33, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- The Unregistered User is claiming "A Wanamingo (also called Wendingos by some tribes)." I don't know where he's getting that from but I'm not gonna spend my time edit warring over it. Wickedjacob 14:55, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, a little more research . . . according to Goodhue County and the Wanamingo Historical Society the word "Wanamingo" comes from a 19th century novel, where it is the name of a Native American. I'm going to adjust the page to reflect this. Wickedjacob 15:12, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
So? when are they called aliens? ralok 03:53, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
I am now confused, i dont remember them mentioned anywhere outside of redding, or seeing them anywhere outside of redding ralok 04:00, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- They're all over, along with fire geckos and tough deathclaws and floaters. Between San Fran, Mariposa, and the edge of Enclave land near Navarro. Nitty Tok. 04:01, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
i didnt spend much time that far out the game sabotaging glitches caught up with me (ok actually i got married, and as it turns out that kinda makes navarro a pain in the ass) ralok 04:06, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Tully can divorce you two. Of course, you can always put a bullet in your spouse's head and ditch her/his corpse in the wastes. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 09:46, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Yah I know, but appearently i waited to long to get divorced and the mission already catostrophically failed . . . i honestly have no idea how any of it worked, but the mission just didnt work. I dont know if the mission could have been skipped or what, but i was going for the full fallout 2 experience. Next time no marriage for me. ralok 12:40, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Fallout: New Vegas?
I've added in the part with No-Bark Noonan mentioning them, but does anyone know if they actually appear in FNV? (Sources besides crazy NPCs would be appreciated.) RadRuler 00:40, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Best Buy guy said they did before his thread died LK Tien 23:50, October 15, 2010 (UTC)