Talk:Weapon repair kit
This talk page is only for discussing improvements to the page "Weapon repair kit".
It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article. Please use the forums for these purposes.
Do you think that these are going to be as easy to get as items such as stimpaks and other chems are in Fallout 3 or do you think we're looking at a pre-war books situation? The reason I ask is because I'm still trying to find out which pre-order bonus to get (I've definitely narrowed it down to Wal-Mart or GameStop), and if these repair kits are infinite than i can opt for the Classic Pack and be able to repair one of the only armored vault suits and the only 10mm pistol over and over myself. If, I can at least repair the shotgun.TheVaultOccupier 02:52, September 7, 2010 (UTC)TheVaultOccupier
I'm in hardcore mode, normal difficulty, and I rarely find those repair kits :c Megaton Settler 14:44, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Hardcore mode does not affect item spawns at all, so you would be finding the same amount in casual mode. --Pongsifu 14:48, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
deleted other page
i remember contributing to a page about this a few hours ago and i see it's been deleted. why haven't you added the paragraph to this page? there's nothing on this page about the effect of the kit. Eydryan 02:52, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- If a second page was created and deleted, chances are no one saved the content. Go ahead and add your content to this page, though.--Gothemasticator 03:02, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
no idea what i wrote there, hoped the person who deleted it may still have it. i'll rewrite it here though but seriously when a page is deleted it should at least be collated with the real one Eydryan 03:04, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
Weapon Repair Kits ARE Affected by Repair
I posted the script for it over on gamefaqs, but I'll toss it here too:
- // get the current health percent and add 25
set WeapHealth to player.getWeaponHealthPerc
- // run through the player's repair skill and augment appropriately
IF ( player.getAV Repair < 25 ) set WeapHealth to WeapHealth + 10
ELSEIF ( player.getAV Repair >= 25 && player.getAV Repair < 50 ) set WeapHealth to WeapHealth + 15
ELSEIF ( player.getAV Repair >= 50 && player.getAV Repair < 75 ) set WeapHealth to WeapHealth + 20
ELSEIF ( player.getAV Repair >= 75 && player.getAV Repair < 100 ) set WeapHealth to WeapHealth + 25
ELSEIF ( player.getAV Repair >= 100 ) set WeapHealth to WeapHealth + 30
- // set the weapons new health percent
I'd modify the main page myself but I'm uncertain if we should put the repair % in a table or what have you.
Am I duel wielding wrenches when I make something, and how do I "use up" a wrench?
I know, I know its just a game. Just so annoying that I have to constantly pick up all this junk just to make these things when it is easier to just buy them. I find myself hardly using the crafting mechanic at all. /rant
- Have you ever repaired anything IRL? Removing a nut from a bolt (or tightening a nut on a bolt) often requires the use of two wrenches. Though I agree with the whole "how do you use up a wrench?" thing. IMO the reusable parts of a repair kit should reappear in your inventory when you use it. --Kris 15:03, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Actually, you make a good point with the holding the bolt (funny because I work at a hardware store), but I was thinking in terms of working on guns. A kit would need gun parts, and a wrench isn't going to "create" gun parts out of scrap metal. If the wrenches were just thrown into the kit, (which would explain why they were used up) a big adjustable wrench is useless for working on an actual gun, their parts are so tiny. Maybe a minigun or something since I've never actually seen one taken apart, but even rifles wouldn't use a plain old wrench. It would make more sense if it were an allen wrench (allen key, hex key, whatever you want to call them). Possibly a drive punch, screw driver, and/or pliers. But obviously they aren't going to add all kinds of tools to the kit, that would make it even more of a pain in the ass, but an adjustable wrench is not what you need to work on guns.
- I think the various items are intended to be symbolic representations of a far greater range of objects in the real world. Otherwise the game would run slow as molasses with all the different models needed. Wunengzi 18:40, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
Is it me or are wrenches in short supply when making these repair kits? I make regular stops at every merchant I come across and always buy whatever they have, and I pick up any I come across while exploring (even if I have to steal them) yet when ever I make repair kits I have plenty of the other parts but I’m always short wrenches. Like right now I have 42 duct tape, 56 scrap electronics, 67 scrap metal, 37 wonder glue and ZERO wrenches! I think we should start adding wrenches under the valuable loot section. To bad there's no Mojave Express Drop boxes in the Capitol Wasteland, I have 450 of them setting in a damn locker in Megaton serving no purpose. ReapTheChaos 11:04, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
- blake at crimson caravan always has a stack of wrenches for sale when i go see him. most the time he has every component in stock to make a weapon repair kit with some parts left over, and there is a workbench almost right next to him. its where i go to make them anyways. buy the parts he has, save, exit to main menu, reload, buy more parts.. make a few kits.. move on.
- i use a sniper rifle as my only weapon, besides explosives, and it degrades pretty quickly under heavy use so im always making a couple of these to take along with me. if my weapon hits the 75% mark where it starts reducing dmg, i repair it, period.
- That just goes to show you the randomness of this game, he never stocks them in my game. (Well my last one, I just started a new one I'll see if he does when i get there.) Of course now that you only need 1 wrench it should be a lot easier to make them. ReapTheChaos 11:14, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Just in case you didn't know, there are dozens of wrenches in the Nellis hangars, and they all respawn after the bomber is brought in, since it's a new model of the hangar. Jazzlizard 14:10, January 3, 2011 (UTC)
- There is also quite a pile of wrenches, scrap metal, and glue in the rooms you have to go through in the basement of the REPCONN test site to get to the rockets the ghouls are using for their escape. Wunengzi 18:42, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
Is it possible to over-repair a weapon? While tring to reapir a 10mm Pistol recently I might have used an extra or two just to make sure the weapon was at 100%, and when placing it in a container for storage the pistol showed up as 10mm Pistol (2) even though I only put one in and when removing it, and placing it back it did the same thing. Great Mara 22:55, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- It's possible to over-repair with repair kits, yes, but it confers no benefit to do so. I'm not sure the bug you experienced is related, since I rarely use repair kits and I see this bug from time to time too; typically when I do actually have two of that weapon. --Kris 23:05, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- So if I do use too many kits the 10mm Pistol would stil be at 100% and not over? The only reason I was doing this in the first place was to get unmodified weapons to test the amount of rounds that could be put through them and now I'm worried that the 10mm I was repairing is no longer useable. Great Mara 00:40, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Dead money turned out to be a bottle cap giveaway even if you do not get all the gold or break the bank. 1100 Sierra Madre chips at the bunker drop box every 3 to 4 days gets you 55 repair kits from the vending machine. I have found four places that usually trigger Legionary assassin squads. Kill a squad and get: 12.7 mm machine gun, marksman rifle, assault carbine, brush gun. Kill four squads and repair their weapons with the kits to over 90%, then sell to Gun Runners for weightless upgrades. Make the rounds of other vendors to sell the upgrades off. At a high level it is roughly 60,000 in caps twice a week. The only limit seems to be how much money all the different vendors have. GRPeng 20:25, September 21, 2011 (UTC)