Talon Company merc
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
Talon Company merc
I want this one's head on a fucking plate!”
Background[edit | edit source]
If you have good or very good karma, a 1000 cap bounty will be placed on your head, and Talon Company mercs holding a Private contract will periodically attempt to collect. Talon Company search parties operate in squads of different sizes dependent on your level.
Three Dog mentions that Talon Company mercs accept jobs that other mercenary companies won't do. Reilly of Reilly's Rangers notes her particular dislike of the Talon Company, recalling a job they did which involved the killing of defenseless women and children and commenting that they give all mercenaries a bad name. If the Lone Wanderer converses with her rudely, she will mention that the Lone Wanderer sounds like a Talon Company merc.
Fort Bannister seems to be their main base of operations, seeing that it is exclusively populated by Talon mercenaries and contains an even larger underground base crawling with more high level mercs. Bannister is also where you will find Talon's commander, Commander Jabsco.
The Broken Steel add-on adds a 4th rank of Talon Company merc, with higher health and better armor, that appears at higher levels. Even at level 30, Rank 4 Talon Company mercs are a relatively uncommon encounter. They are typically found in random encounters, rather than in fixed locations such as Fort Bannister. They are quite tough opponents, with good armor and very high health on par with that of an non-player character companion.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
Whenever the Lone Wanderer's karma is good or very good these mercs will appear in random encounters and attack the Lone Wanderer on sight.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Talon combat armor|
|Chinese assault rifle or|
Assault rifle or
Combat shotgun or
Laser rifle or
Missile launcher or
Combat knife or
.308 Sniper rifle or
Laser pistol or
Lead pipe or
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Lone Wanderer can make Talon Company mercs friendly towards you, via the Mesmetron. If the Lone Wanderer shoots it at them, then equip a slave collar, the Lone Wanderer can then remove it then they will be friendly.
- Rank 4 Talon Company mercs introduced by the add-on Broken Steel cannot be enslaved, but do not appear until the Lone Wanderer reaches much higher levels. If enslaved and then freed before spawning at Rank 4 they will remain friendly when the Lone Wanderer's level advancement transitions them to Rank 4.
- The body of one of the few rare female Talon Company mercs can be found on a catwalk in the first level of the Chryslus building. Another female Talon Company merc's corpse can be found in the Corvega Factory. Four others can be found in Metro Central, usually with feral ghouls in the vicinity.
- Talon Company merc patrols will appear as random encounters if the Lone Wanderer's Karma is good or very good. At the beginning of the game, these patrols are neutral towards the Lone Wanderer. However, as soon as the Lone Wanderer approaches them, they will force a dialogue box with the Lone Wanderer in which they proclaim the Lone Wanderer cannot "go around being a do-gooder", after which they turn hostile and attack. All subsequent Talon Company merc patrols will be hostile towards the Lone Wanderer as soon as they appear.
- Unlike the random encounter patrols, Talon Company mercs in pre-scripted positions (i.e. inside the D.C. Ruins, at Fort Bannister, or outside Rockbreaker's Last Gas) are immediately hostile.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Talon Company!"
- "This ain't what I signed up for!"
- "Another notch for my gun."
- "Aha! There you are..."
- "Keep firin'!"
- "You're dead!"
- "Retreat! Fucking retreat!"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Talon Company mercs appear only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If you avoid triggering hostility with Talon Company, by evading (to avoid dialogue with) several of their neutral patrols (fighting with already hostile Talon Company mercs inside the D.C. area is OK), then a group of Talon Company mercs will eventually teleport to your location if you wait or fast travel outside certain locations, such as Metro stations or Rivet City. These Talon Company mercs will force dialogue with you, proclaiming that they have finally "caught you". However, they will not turn hostile and will remain marked as friendly on the HUD. They are also neutral towards wastelanders and Merchant Caravans, will even assist the player in combat against anything that attacks the player (including player-provoked wastelanders and Merchant Caravans). At this point, neutral Talon Company patrols will no longer turn hostile after speaking with the player.
- Many Talons will spawn with two different skin colors, vitiligo, a disease that causes skin cells to lose pigment.