Tanagra Town is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
Once a normal town, Tanagra Town went through a radical shift after the Great War only in the literal sense. Tanagra Town was moved above the treeline by the strangler vines that have been encroaching on the environment in The Mire. The strangler vine that moved Tanagra Town is a particularly huge family of stranglers and is holding over several hundred cubic meters of dirt and stone as well as the homes that were resting on top of the ground in one giant "island". Amazingly, the houses and everything on and in between is still accessible because of the strangler vines, it just takes some skilled climbing are precise jumps. This includes a Cave cricket nest around a Gold ore and Crystal deposits with a buried statue face.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
In the middle of the location, there is a large tree that you can climb up to get some random loot and scrap; a random big creature will often spawn around the base of the tree, it can either be a Deathclaw, fog crawler or Megasloth. The massive structure can be climbed, circumnavigating it using the strangler plant vines and the pieces of debris lifted by it into the air. The entrance is on the southern lip of the crater, over a yellow school bus and eventually brings the player to the top. Shortly before the summit, the player enters into the ruined mass, passing through a chamber which contains a buried cyclopean statue surrounded by numerous crystal and gold harvest nodes.
There is a locked door in one of the ruined buildings surrounding the tree that requires a key code to open it. The keypad was unpowered and unopenable on release. As of patch 188.8.131.52, the keypad in the ruined building works. The code to the keypad is 748250, learned from a new terminal entry at Whitespring Congressional Bunker. Inside is an Enclave field laboratory (Remote Lab 1.2) with various detritus, a chance for plans for Enclave equipment, and a single note.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Holotapes and Notes
- Reason to Live: The note is on the front porch of a ruined brick schoolhouse at the southwest corner of the tree top.
- Didn't Want to Hurt Them: Found in the keypad laboratory, on a lab desk to the right of a blown out terminal; hidden under uninteractable papers.
- Paired keycard 02: in the split ruined house at the top of the island.
- Potential magazines
- A magazine can spawn on one of the school desks inside the ruined brick schoolhouse at the tree top.
- A magazine can spawn on the destroyed 2nd floor of one of the ruined houses at the tree top.
- Plans and Recipes
- Plan: Shielded Lining Operative Underarmor on the science terminal next to the armor workbench in the keypad laboratory.
- A randomized plan/recipe can spawn on the counter of the house on the ground south-southwest of town.
- A randomized plan/recipe can spawn on the stove of the ruined house about halfway up the tree, to the right of the cave entrance.
- A randomized plan/recipe can spawn on a side table of one of the houses at the top of the tree.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Loose screws
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Tanagra Town appears in Fallout 76.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The name of the town is taken from the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode Darmok. Specifically the allegory the Tamarian alien race use to in the episode "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra".