In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Tato (Fallout 4)
A mutated hybrid of the tomato and potato plants. The fruit of the plant has the skin and stem of a tomato, and a brown flesh reminiscent of a potato. Commonly cultivated in the Commonwealth, Appalachia, and Mount Desert Island, its fruit is notable for being nutritious, even if its taste leaves something to be desired.
They provide 10 hit points at the cost of 5 rads, but can be used to cook Squirrel stew, vegetable soup, and yao guai roast, as well as create vegetable starch. Distinct wild tato flowers can also be found growing in the Commonwealth.
- Crops of tatos can be found in most settlements, such as Abernathy farm, Graygarden, Oberland Station, Outpost Zimonja, Tenpines Bluff, and the Warwick homestead.
- Tatos can be planted and harvested in player settlements.
- Tatos are being grown and can be picked in the farms near the back end of Diamond City.
- The following map contains all the spawn locations on the world map (excluding interiors or harvested items)
- Prydwen terminals; Botany Terminal, Commonwealth Plant Database
Note: This text was written from the perspective of someone whom doesn't know that both the Tomato and the Potato are being cultivated elsewhere. Nor has the writer mentioned anything about a DNA test to prove the speculation, which in particular the Potato is found in the Capital Wasteland where the writer – as a scribe in the Brotherhood of Steel – is supposedly from.