Template talk:Navbox weapons FO3
Reformat and Update[edit source]
- The images you are uploading are beautiful! thanks! Game widow 10:33, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
Today's new layout looks much better :) If Lincoln's Repeater is a special version (I'm basing this on "repaired with") of the Hunting Rifle (in addition to Ol' Painless) can we move it after that, instead of listing it with the BB Gun? :) Dafpants 03:51, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- This is kind of an odd one--while you can repair the Repeater with Hunting Rifle parts (supposedly, I gave it to Hannibal so I don't know), it handles and fires like the BB Gun on a serious steroid regimen, hence why I put it where I did.
- I'm open to suggestions, but, at least in terms of firing style and visuals, it's closer to the BB Gun than the Hunting Rifle.--MinimumRage 16:23, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- I think listing it based on something concrete like repair type or ammunition is more meaningful for the reader. --Voidvector 17:18, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- I agree, listing the repeater with the BB gun is misleading because it uses different ammunition (no other 'unique' variant uses a different ammunition than the standard variant it is based on) and it uses hunting rifles to repair with. The repeater really isn't the unique version of the BB gun because it's not a BB gun. Tetracycloide 14:41, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- This introduces a new concern--if we go by ammunition, then the Repeater is a unique version of the Scoped .44 Magnum instead of the Hunting Rifle, as it uses .44 Magnum Rounds instead of the .32 Calibre Round.
- I suppose that's being pedantic, and I noticed someone already moved it away. It should technically be marked in parenthesis because it's unique, but it's not worth fighting over, and I'm going to consider the issue closed. --MinimumRage 14:45, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
I see your point on how much room the weapon skill headers take up. I guess if we aren't going to collapse the boxes then it sorta becomes an issue... I guess having them on the side did save a ton of room. AshRandom (Talk)
Classifying as a variant or independent weapon[edit source]
Someone already moved the Lincoln's Repeater in the template, and I agree with the move; the LR is not just a unique variant of the Hunting Rifle. Look at the facts: the LR can be fixed with Hunting Rifles, but uses completely different ammo and has a unique outward appearance. This makes the LR pretty much an individual weapon, not a variant, like the Infiltrator, which can be repaired by Assault Rifles but is not in itself an Assault Rifle or variant of one.
I think the rule should be that if a weapon has a unique physical design, it should be regarded as an independent weapon (the fact that the LR uses different ammo from the Hunting Rifle makes it even more different). It looks like before people saw that the LR could be fixed with Hunting Rifles and automatically thought "it must be a variant," but now we have other weapons under similar circumstances that we know are separate entities from the weapons they are repaired with. 18.104.22.168 16:06, 6 April 2009 (UTC)