The Adventures of Captain Cosmos
The Adventures of Captain Cosmos was a science fiction television program, radio serial, and comic book by Hubris Comics. It aired in the Capital area prior to the time of the Great War. The serial also had a crossover with the Silver Shroud.
- Captain Cosmos (commander)
- Stella Skyfire (second in command for first few episodes)
- Jangles the Moon Monkey (sidekick)
- Captain Cosmos: The Radioactive Space-Men from Space!
- Captain Cosmos: Vs. the Moon-Men! (September 2077)
- In select boxes of Sugar Bombs, there was a free Captain Cosmos decoder ring.
- In Mothership Zeta, Sally mentions that the command bridge looks exactly like that of the one in Captain Cosmos.
- Captain Cosmos was the best selling Halloween costume prior to the Great War.
- There is Captain Cosmos themed wallpaper within Shaun's room.
Behind the scenes
The show aired at 8:00 p.m. on Thursdays (a reference to the original series of Star Trek, which aired in the same time-slot during its first two seasons).
On the Hubris Comics receptionist terminal, under the 'release schedule' section, it says that the comic 'Captain Cosmos: Truth, justice and the Space-American way' is due for release in June. This is a reference to Superman's famous catchphrase; "Truth, justice and the American way."
The inclusion of the monkey, while a reference to the wacky plot lines of 50's TV, is most likely a homage to the first mammals in space (Albert and Albert II), also monkeys.
Fallout 3 loading screen
- Kent Connolly: "Reliving old memories. Like Thanksgiving 2071. Ma made a 12 pound turkey. And then we all listened to, "The Silver Shroud vs. Captain Cosmos." Even pa was there."
(Kent Connolly's dialogue)
- Sally: "Stella Skyfire reporting for duty! She's Captain Cosmos' second in command, at least for the first few episodes..."
- Sally: "Wow! This looks just like the bridge on Captain Cosmos! I know what to do! Somah, you go stand over there... Mr. Elliott, you're there... Paulson... you can be Jangles the Moon Monkey... and I get to aim the Death Ray!"
Paulson: "I ain't no goddamn space monkey."
(Sally's and Paulson's dialogue)
- Sally: "Wow, look at this place! It looks like the ship in Captain Cosmos! Look, that must be the Captain's chair! You should sit there -- you can be Captain Cosmos! And I'll go over here. I can be Stella Skyfire! She was Captain Cosmos' weapons specialist, back in season 2. This is great!"
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.91: "Pint-Sized Slasher
A myth used to scare children who misbehave, the Pint-Sized Slasher is said to appear from a dog kennel at dusk to chase the children around with a Toy Knife. The Pint-Sized Slasher has been the second-best-selling Halloween costume, topped only by Captain Cosmos."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)