The Coyotes is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Captain Parker has grown concerned about a number of people that have completely vanished from the Aerotech office park refugee camp and asks the Courier to investigate the disappearances.
- Speak to Captain Parker at the Aerotech Office Park.
- Talk to Saint James in Westside.
- Search for evidence in Saint James (50 Lockpick required) and Dermot's room in Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Collect Saint James' teddy bear.
- Collect Dermot's ledger.
- (Optional) Confront Saint James or Dermot with the evidence.
- Return to Captain Parker.
|1|| ||Travel to Westside to speak with Saint James about the missing NCR refugees.|
|2|| ||Search Dermot's room at the Casa Madrid Apartments for evidence.|
|3|| ||Search Saint James' room at the Casa Madrid Apartments for evidence.|
|4|| ||Tell Captain Parker what happened to the refugees.|
|5|| ||(Optional) Confront Dermot and Saint James with the evidence you gathered.|
- Although not required to complete the quest, you can speak to the other Casa Madrid residents about Dermot and Saint James.
- Sweetie, Maude and Jimmy will comment on the pair, and react to their deaths.
- Marco will talk about their tenancy. Should they be killed, he will complain about his lost income and the need to remove their corpses.
- If you kill Dermot and Saint James, you can talk to Pretty Sarah and show her the evidence in the journal. She will show her disgust and reward you with four Med-X.
- "Coyotes" is a name for smugglers who facilitate the illegal migration of people across the U.S. border.
After accepting this quest, the quest marker on the compass points towards a location that is impossible to reach, making it impossible to speak to Saint James.
- resurrect or resurrect 1 will enable the correct conversation choices. On a console, if the conversation option doesn't turn up to finish the quest, simply change outfits to 'gang' related outfit, and then talk to him. Usually changing people's opinions about you restarts conversation loops. On the PC, the quest-concluding conversation option appears after entering and exiting conversation with Parker twice and then initiating conversation for a third time. Sometimes, it's impossible to turn in the evidence to Parker. Sometimes finishing the conversation and starting a new one will trigger the correct response. If you find it impossible to turn in the quest on the PC selecting Captain Parker with the console open and typing
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|