In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
The Devil's Throat
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The Devil's Throat
The Devil's Throat is a giant, radioactive sinkhole in the northeastern part of the map. There are pools of contaminated water at the bottom of the crater, and a wrecked truck in the center with scattered safety barrels nearby. A dead super mutant lies at the rear of the truck. Within the truck is a dead prospector who died of a Jet overdose.
- Reinforced combat armor and a unique undamaged party hat - found on a dead prospector in the truck trailer.
- CZ57 Avenger, a unique minigun - also in the trailer, lying next to the dead prospector.
- The rad level by the barrels of radioactive waste varies from 3-7 rads per second.
- Northwest of the Devil's Throat is a super mutant camp with 2-4 super mutant masters, and a weapon repair kit and a hydra on a wooden seat by a campfire. Sometimes 2 NCR Rangers will spawn in the camp and fight the super mutants.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- A Wild Wasteland encounter will occur at this camp in which an undetonated Atomic Bomb called The One will be present to the north-northwest of the Devil's Throat, only a few paces away.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
- The truck in the crater is unique, in that it does not have a motor and doors like the other truck wreckages found in the wastes.
Behind the scenes
- Devil's Throat is a real-life location in the Mojave desert, northeast of Las Vegas.
- The prospector wielding the CZ57 Avenger is modeled after Duke Nukem, and is humorously wearing a party hat.
- Upon returning to this location, the dead super mutant may appear alive and hostile, but with very few hit points. He will respawn after several in-game days, either alive or dead.
The Devil's Throat appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.361: "[3.10] The Devil's Throat
A dangerous and radioactive maw inhabited by Centaurs an their ironically monikered "Evolved" cousins. It is better to drop them from a distance before inspecting a container truck and its dumped contents; barrels that offer nothing but sickness. However, inside the truck is a Prospector (who looks to have overdosed with Jet) and a considerable array of loot, including Reinforced Combat Armor, and a Party Hat! But the big prize is his weapon."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)