This axe was, er, 'misplaced' by one of my other patrons. She won't be needing it anymore, and it's a weapon of gruesome distinction. Enjoy it.”— Plik
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
It looks identical to the regular axe, albeit more powerful, and has the ability to gib enemies without the Bloody Mess perk. When an enemy is killed by this weapon, there is an 80% chance to sever all of their limbs, as well as restore 5 action points.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Axe, the common variant found throughout Point Lookout.
Comparisons[edit | edit source]
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value|
Location[edit | edit source]
This axe can be obtained by completing Plik's Safari.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When used to mutilate corpses, it automatically blows up the limbs into giblets.
- If you strike an alien with this in Mothership Zeta, their body will have red blood on it.
- Oddly, this unique weapon's value (55 caps) is less than its more common counterpart, the regular axe (60 caps).
- If you strike an ash or goo pile with this weapon, giblets will spurt out of it.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Coastal Grotto, The Dismemberer axe may appear on his corpse without completing the quest. If the player decides to kill Plik upon entry of the
- If you one hit kill a neutral or good unnamed non-player character and all limbs sever and this gets witnessed, other non-player characters will not turn hostile against you.
- Bloody Mess perk. Upon activating the quest and killing Plik, The Dismemberer will appear on his body, but ONLY if he is dismembered into giblets upon death—particularly through means of a powerful sneak attack critical with the
- On rare occasions, the pieces of the body may remain suspended in the air while the body falls to the ground.