We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
The Gourmand is the restaurant within the Ultra-Luxe casino.
The Gourmand is the restaurant in the Ultra-Luxe. When you enter the restaurant you will be greeted by Marjorie. The Gourmand sells more rare and high value foods than almost every other shop in the Mojave. Good quality food can be bought from the Gourmand, a useful asset in hardcore mode.
The Gourmand is a large room with eight tables and many chairs often with gamblers sitting in them. The tables sit in a lowered chamber apart from the rest of the floor. The restaurant leads of into the Ultra-Luxe kitchen containing more food and cooking facilities. The Gourmand kitchen is one of the primary locations for the quest Beyond the Beef.
- Mr. New Vegas will comment about the Gourmand saying "Patrons of the Ultra-Luxe say its pricy restaurant, The Gourmand, is over-stating the fullness of its waiting list. Many people find the food appealing, but say many tables remain empty"
- The rare luxury consumable, the wasteland omelet can be purchased from the food server behind the bar.
- Another rather hard-to-find consumable, pinyon nuts, can also be purchased here.
- The kitchen at the Gourmand (entered via the door behind the bar), has lootable items that can't be found elsewhere, such as strange meat pie.
- The Gourmand kitchen is the only place you can find the recipe schematics for Brahmin Wellington. The schematics can be found on the end of the counter near the main entrance to the kitchen (where the intercom is). It is the room Philippe is in, and is a required location during the quest Beyond the Beef. The corridor that leads to it is considered a trespass location, and you must either pass a Repair check of 35 or a Speech of 55 to be there; after either check is passed, you will have unlimited access to the kitchen.
The Gourmand only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.