The Lost Initiate
The Lost Initiate
Attacking the Office for the cowering Initiate
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
During a training exercise in Falls Church, Knight Church, Paladin Hoss, Initiate Pek, and an unnamed Paladin were separated during a super mutant ambush. Knight Church was killed in the initial attack and Initiate Pek became trapped in an office building while Paladin Hoss and the other Paladin were fighting nearby. Paladin Hoss will inform the Lone Wanderer that Pek has barricaded himself inside a janitor's closet towards the back of the first floor and request their assistance in reaching the office building where Pek is located.
Once complete, the Lone Wanderer is asked to storm the building and rescue Pek, who is cowering in a corner due to a gun jam. With sufficient Small Guns or Repair skills or the Gun Nut perk, Pek's gun can be unjammed; regardless of weapon status, Pek will follow the Lone Wanderer until they exit the building and regroup outside with Paladin Hoss.
When Pek is safe with his commanding officer again, the Lone Wanderer will be rewarded. Regardless of payment type, the Lone Wanderer will be awarded with variable amounts of experience points (ranging between 250-350). If the Lone Wanderer asks Hoss for payment they will receive caps when they have rescued Pek but will not be awarded any Karma. If the Lone Wanderer does not ask for payment they will receive good Karma instead and Hoss as well as Pek will join up with the Lone Wanderer and help them clear out the area.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Pek, Hoss, and the Paladin can all die. If that happens you will not be rewarded.
- The easiest way to prevent Hoss from dying (and losing the XP) is to clear all the mutants in the immediate area before talking to Hoss; once the way is clear you can trigger the event and follow him to the building entrance.
- In some instances, Pek will not run, but rather will sneak everywhere after being rescued. Not only does this make him a slow follower, but will also make him an easy target for enemies with ranged weapons.
- After completing this quest Hoss, Pek, and the Paladin will act as your followers but only when the PC is in Falls Church (in some cases he may follow to other places see bugs bellow).
- If, after completing the quest, Hoss dies but Pek remains alive, Pek will no longer follow you. Instead, he will walk to the bus stop in front of the office building in which he was originally found and sit on the bench.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Paladin Hoss and Pek suffer from some rather nasty AI bugs when following you around. Please refer to their pages for more detailed information.