The Pitt Downtown is the "slave" district of The Pitt. It is a medium sized settlement that's inhabited by raiders and slaves, and has one interior section.
When you first enter, you will encounter a work zone where a raider is ordering slaves to cut up metal. To the left is the entrance to The Mill and to the right Midea's quarters can be found.
- Midea - the slave rebel leader.
- Milly - slave who walks around near Midea's Quarters. Gives the unmarked quest Find Wild Bill.
- Nola - slave medic who can heal your injuries. Found in the work pit area.
- Kai - slave cook who can be spoken to for free irradiated slop.
- Adan - slave working in front of The Mill entrance. An "optimist" who has accepted his place as a slave.
- Slave master - Overseer of the slaves in the work pit area. Occasionally "motivates" them by firing his assault rifle in their general direction.
- Guard - raider guard who executes 3 tired slaves at the front gate when the player first enters The Pitt via disguise. If the player enters via any other method, the Guard simply stands by the 3 slaves and does nothing.
- Jackson - raider who harasses Midea in the middle of your mission briefing, then leaves to patrol the streets.
- Friday - Weapons merchant found on the overhead catwalks.
- Harris - Drug merchant found on the overhead catwalks.
- Bingo - raider guard on the overhead catwalks who is only capable of speaking his own name, similar to the Gary clones.
- Trouble Man - raider guard inside Friday's shop, who simply says that he's "trouble, man."
- Near Kai is a broken television that can be opened to obtain about 10 stimpaks.
- There is a broken fire hydrant near Adan on the way to the mill which contains a stimpak.
- There is a red combustion engine in that alley adjacent to Midea's house where some loot can be found.
- The mailbox you will see as you walk past the first set of slaves contains a set of brass knuckles.
- Here are two terminals called Postal Terminal DPW to be found on the upper level, only accessible after completing The Hole, providing a bit of pre-War background information.
- After talking to Midea if you look up onto the catwalks you will see a slave being beaten by a Pitt raider.
- If you want to store excess loot in a container to prevent encumbrance there is a mail box directly in front of you when you first enter Downtown, just under some scaffolding. You will ultimately be leaving The Pitt the same way you came in, so this is convenient for collecting additional loot on your way out.
- There is a slave held by their arms and head in a stockade near Midea's house that can be killed at the loss of no karma. If left alone, at the end of the Pitt storyline the slave will either be still alive if you had sided with Ashur, or dead and left hanging in the stockade if you had sided with Wernher.
The Pitt Downtown appears only in the Fallout 3 add-on The Pitt.