We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The Thorn Mayhem
The Thorn Mayhem
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
In the middle of The Thorn is a large arena, and surrounding the sides are cages with Wasteland creatures raised kept by Red Lucy for blood sport arena battles. One can talk to Red Lucy to set up some fights that they can bet on. Matches can be customized by choosing which creatures should battle and how many of each will fight on the blue or red team, respectively. Red team fights on the left, blue on the right. Since the creatures are expensive to breed, keep and maintain you will have to pay for the fight.
The choices for fights (in order of difficulty) are: giant mantises, radscorpions, fire geckos, nightstalkers, cazadores, and deathclaws. You can choose for one, two or three of a creature to fight in the arena.
You can also tell Red Lucy that you want to pit yourself against the creatures. You can choose what and how many of it you want to fight, then be teleported to the arena cage. The winnings payout are according to what creature that you fight: three deathclaws will give you 500 caps, while three giant mantises will only give you 30 caps.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Before completing Bleed Me Dry, one can only fight giant mantises, radscorpions and fire geckos. After completing the quest nightstalkers, cazadors and deathclaws become available to bet on and fight.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Cut, not enough time to implement as polished as it should be.”— Jorge Salgado, script notes
- Originally, this quest was meant to allow the player to free the creatures kept inside the Thorn's cages and let them wreak havoc on the Thorn's spectators and Westside residents. However, this part of the quest was abandoned before release and has gone half finished. There are several items that relate to the option to set the creatures free, like the keys on Red Lucy to open the cages and her terminal entries, but because of this part of the quest never being finished, they are simply useless aspects in the vanilla game.
|End of information based on Fallout New Vegas cut content.|
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes a friendly creature will spawn inside your cage area. There is no penalty for killing them, as it counts for the quest.
- Sometimes during a fight you can't enter your cage and get stuck in the metal doorway that opens up leading into the arena. Thus you are stuck in the inner cage area and can't get out unless you load a previous save.
- Name taken from GECK
- Quest name from Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide p.304