The Vault:Administrators and moderators
|For the rules which govern administrative actions on The Vault, see The Vault:Administration policy.|
There are three kinds of users with additional privileges in The Vault - moderators, admins (also called sysops) and bureaucrats.
- Moderator privileges are rolling back edits with just one click and marking edits as patrolled.
- Admin privileges additionally include deleting pages, protecting pages and banning users from the wiki.
- The only difference between administrators and bureaucrats is that bureaucrats can give and revoke other people's administrative powers.
For details, please see Help:User access levels.
These people haven't edited the wiki in quite a while:
User rights requests
For you to become an administrator or moderator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. Please note that additional powers is not a reward for good contributions nor a promotion to have more authority than other users. Simply put, an admin or moderator is a user who is being trusted with access to certain technical features to aid in maintenance. Not everybody who meets the requirements will automatically become a moderator or administrator; admins are appointed on a per-need basis.
The minimum requirements for becoming a moderator are:
- You have made at least 500 edits in the article, category or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count).
- You have been continuously active at this wiki for at least 2 months.
- You have not made an administrator or moderator rights request in the past 2 months. This does not include requests which were closed because you did not meet the formal requirements.
The minimum requirements for becoming an administrator are:
- You have made at least 1000 edits in the article, category or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count).
- You have been continuously active at this wiki for at least 3 months.
- You have not made an administrator or moderator request in the past 2 months. This does not include requests which were closed because you did not meet the formal requirements.
Making the request
If you meet the requirements above and want to become an admin, you need to start a thread in Forum:Wiki discussion titled "Moderator request - [your username]" or "Adminship request - [your username]". In this thread, you should describe why you would like to become a moderator or admin and what your major contributions have been so far.
The Vault's community will then be able to discuss whether or not you should be made moderator or admin over a timespan of at least one week (or more in case of controversy). The final decision will be up to the bureaucrat(s) after the community has had its say.