The Vault talk:Bug Verification Project
Before I sign up, I'd like to ask; Are we finding the bugs, or simply testing them out to see if they are true?--Billytheboy 23:50, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Nothing is stopping you from seeking them out, but the intent is verification. --Kris 23:52, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- We're doing both here. It's important that we not only verify existing bugs but we find and add bugs that we run into, but whats more important is finding their triggers. if we find the triggers we know what the problem is and we can figure out how to avoid/fix the problem. ---bleep196- 23:55, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
I'm gonna have to sleep on it. While i want to do anything i can to help the vault, i know i ain't gonna be very dedicated when New Vegas comes out. That'll keep me off of FO3 for a while. i guess i could do New Vegas bugs since i'm sure they will be flooding in on release day.--Billytheboy 23:58, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm going to have to refrain completely; with my mod setup it's practically impossible to run completely unmodified unless I were to reinstall the game. Even with none of the modules loaded aside from Fallout.esm and the DLCs, I'd still have stuff that looks a lot different than vanilla. However I'm more than willing to provide advice for the project. --Kris 00:10, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
Well i guess i'm qulified on that aspect. I've got Xbox version with all DLC.--Billytheboy 00:12, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
Alright, two issues.
- Fallout and Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics, anyone? Should this expand to include all bugs on all games on all platforms?
- Fixeh? Should we post verifiable fixes to bugs? Example: clothing A has a broken texture. Modder B creates a patch that fixes the broken texture. Should we link to his fix? (This was brought up by Goth and myself earlier). Nitty Tok. 02:17, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I say:
- Yes, should cover all games
- Yes, any and all verifiable methods to avoid or fix a bug should be included, unless there's an excessive amount of text needed; in which case a note to refer to the talk page should be placed there instead, and the full details of avoiding or fixing the bug explained on the talk page. --Kris 02:20, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
Verified bug template?[edit source]
Is there a template for when we've verified a bug? This could also include a link to images that confirm the bug?
ChrizC 16:28, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
- To do this simply use the Platform template. ---bleep196- 15:30, August 21, 2011 (UTC)