The Vault talk:Fallout 3 locations project
|Archives: #1, #2|
IDs / Wasteland[edit source]
The following is a list of locations which have no sperate ID or cell because they are part of the general Wasteland, or locations whose IDs are not listed at Cell ID.
This list is incomplete. Please help this project by expanding it.
- Camp RHO
- Abandoned Car Fort
- Minefield (unconfirmed)
- Big Town
Layout revision[edit source]
Since this project is more or less dead anyway, I figured we might as well revise the location layout before bringing it back to life. Please participate in the discussion at:
Getting Picture for Bailie's Crossroads Metro[edit source]
Can some one take a HUD free screen shot of the BCM and but it on it's page? If that get's done we can call it a wrap on the OA Addon.Vault 815 17:14, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Which one are you referring to? Looking at the Bailey's Crossroads Metro page, there doesn't appear to be an image with a HUD overlay. If you are looking for a better quality image for the infobox, there is already one by Porter that would be suitable - File:Bailey's Crossroads Metro entrance.jpg phoenix txt 06:30, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks, in a few minutes will be done with an entire section! (but a small section)Vault 815 18:26, June 6, 2010 (UTC)
The project is dead. There are simply not enough activity in the project. I motion to have a vote to kill the project and remove the project tags from pages. It could be reactivated at a later date.Vault 815 04:36, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Main Page[edit source]
Road map for districts[edit source]
Perhaps we should make an image of the districts with there roads and add them to the pages for referance.--Ant2242 17:34, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
Image ratios[edit source]
- All scenery images (i.e. the top image in the infobox) should be ratio 1.33:1 (width to height).
- All Map marker images should be ratio 2:1.
Is this still the wanted ratio for those images? If I look into the sample articles the only image to fulfill this is the image of Evergreen Mills. The related map marker image has a ratio of 1.73:1, the image of Canterbury Commons has a ratio of 1.60:1 and its mmi a ratio of 1.68:1.
And in times of widescreens and HD, with ratios of 16:10, 16:9, and larger, this doesn't seem appropriate.
If I'd make a map marker image with 2:1 it doesn't really show much of the map. At least this one should get another ratio.
The one with the circa 1.7:1 ratio was made by:
- Screenshot (1920*1080), PipBoy FOV 40 (makes the PipBoy and its display larger)
- Cutting to remove headline and other elements from the PipBoy display
- Rotating the screen to have a nearly horizontal alignment (most PipBoy Screens are slightly twisted due to arm movement of the char)
- Cutting again to remove blank edges after the rotation