The Vault talk:Fallout 3 merchant overhaul project
Guideline discussion[edit source]
As this project is brand new, a lot could or may change. A lot is up for discussion and editing.
A lot needs to be done imo, to centralize and better clarify info on merchants of FO3, and I'm not 100% certain *I* should lead this. (A) project manager(s) should probably step forward, more specifically, wikia admins and such. I've already consulted with Porter21. -- Blaze55555
- I'm looking over the whole restock inventory thing, and I'm just thinking; wouldn't it be more efficient to just make a separate page for the individual level lists for vendors, because every vendor except for Pronto has a pretty big selection? Nitty Tok. 14:10, January 30, 2011 (UTC)
As a casual user, I'd like to help out with this project if at all possible. I just have 2 questions. 1). Is there a way of accessing a merchant's inventory in the Xbox 360 or is it based on studies by the users? 2). Can we also use this to work on the Fallout New Vegas merchants? I don't own Fallout 3. Thank You. 126.96.36.199 04:14, February 11, 2011 (UTC)
- You cannot access this info from a console, which was the main reason I contacted Porter to start this project, as I, a console player, required a lot of this information, especially as of late, in order to try to make the best decision for myself. However, the potential inventory is fixed, so one with just a console COULD get a few items onto the roster, however they wouldn't be able to accurately report the rest of the information.
- To question 2, I think it could be renamed to Fallout Merchant Overhaul Project and attempt to span over both, though I think we should focus on one then the other so as not to get spread too thin... as much as I thought this would be a good idea for this wikia, it hasn't seemed to pick up at all as I thought it would have. Blaze55555 07:00, February 11, 2011 (UTC)
- How can we make the project more well-known? Blaze55555 07:18, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
I'm aware of the project, but am involved in other projects right now which have more of my interest. And it's quite a lot of (maybe tedious?) work... I feel the personal approach would work best, just like in all things when you want people to get involved. So look around a bit to see who's pretty active, what they're doing right now and see if that fits the profile. Then give them a post asking to join. I was personally approached by someone for joining the File maintenance project and that worked well. You could also post it on a forum, but if you want more people to join you will need to make an extra effort. Otherwise the project may not lift off the ground.
Have you done some work on it yet? You as 'project leader' have to give the good example. Hope this helps. Jspoelstra 13:14, February 21, 2011 (UTC)
Last post here is February. Still active? If so, I'm here to help out, though I am a console player, so that would be a little limiting on my end. Let me know. Flagcaptured 22:48, April 17, 2011 (UTC)
- It will be active as long as I'm around and as long as I can help it, however 2 things: I haven't been around the wiki lately. 'Been too busy b/c I started school; kinda stopped my playthrough of FO3... I started a few games of pokemon when the new generation came out, between that and school, I haven't had time for Fallout... let alone the related wiki!
- 2: I wanna make this clear: It was my idea, (that got it started, multiple people probably had the same idea, too) but I DO NOT IDENTIFY MYSELF AS THE PROJECT LEADER!!! I have no idea how that would go, good or bad, and I'm not sure I wanna find out o.O
- I'd appreciate it if an admin or mod (or w/e authority figure of the wikias) could take that name and go with this... I'm willing to help but I don't know exactly what to do. I don't particularly want to go along with the overhaul just yet, as there hasn't even been discussion arguing over the standard page form to overhaul to, in unanimous agreement, conflict, or anywhere in between. Blaze55555 04:39, April 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Why on earth are you adding this info to both location and NPC pages, you are simply duplicating information. Besides it doesn't really fit to well with the location layout. It is best to just keep this information to the NPC page (under other interactions) especially with travelling merchants that are not fixed to one place (see example Moira Brown). 16:48, June 19, 2011 (UTC)