They Went That-a-Way
They Went That-a-Way
Time for a long trek
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
After getting stitched up and enlightened on some useful wasteland skills, the Courier leaves Goodsprings to track the man that shot them in the head, visiting many settlements in their search for clues.
Walkthough[edit | edit source]
- Travel south of Goodsprings to Primm; find Johnson Nash in the Vikki and Vance Casino and ask him about the Mojave Express, as well as any clues as to who tried to kill you.
- Help Deputy Beagle, who has been taken hostage by the escaped convicts, escape the Bison Steve Hotel. Afterwards, question him about the man in the checkered suit. Alternatively, pickpocket or kill Beagle to get Deputy Beagle's journal, which provides similar information.
- Head east to Nipton. Continue through the town and head north to Novac.
- Once in Novac, ask Manny Vargas about the men who shot you. He is in Dinky the T-Rex during the day and his room at night. He will need be convinced to share what he knows; using a Confirmed Bachelor speech check or completing Come Fly With Me fulfills this.
- Travel north-northeast to Boulder City and question the Great Khans holed up inside about the whereabouts of Benny.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Find the men who tried to kill you.|
|2||Inquire about your delivery assignment with the administrator of the Mojave Express in Primm.|
|3||Find Primm's lawman to get information on where your attackers went.|
|4||Head to Novac through Nipton. Ask around Novac about your attackers.|
|5||Find out from Manny Vargas where the Khans were headed.|
|6||Intercept the Great Khans at Boulder City.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This quests automatically completes itself once the player enters The Tops and starts Ring a Ding Ding!
- If this quest is completed before speaking with Trudy from Goodsprings, it prevents her from displaying a dialogue option which initiates the unmarked quest Trudy's Radio Repair.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The name of this quest is a frequently used and parodied line from Spaghetti Western B-movies, much like, "Let's head 'em off at the pass!"
- When you first talk to Jessup, one of the possible responses to his surprise at your survival is "I got better..." This is a cultural reference to the villager in Monty Python and the Holy Grail who was allegedly turned into a newt, but then "got better".
- The freeform structure of the quest and the ability to complete side step Novac, Boulder City, etc. was directly inspired by Find the Water Chip from Fallout where the player could skip all events in between and head straight to Necropolis.