|For an overview of Battle rifle models throughout the Fallout series, see Battle rifle.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This Machine is a unique battle rifle chambered in .308 caliber round, holding up to eight rounds at a time and is received in excellent condition thanks to Contreras's personal access parts. Along the rifle's left side are the words "WELL THIS MACHINE KILLS COMMIES", giving reference that this gun was used by American soldiers during the Resource Wars against the communists. This rifle is effective in short- to mid-range combat due to the rifle's relatively wide spread.
Without Gun Runners' Arsenal, This Machine has no non-unique counterpart.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Battle rifle , the common variant.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Battle rifle||Semi-auto rifle||48||92.6||1.9||x1||48||0.55||25||.308 round||8||9.5||300||1500||Guns:75 Strength:6|
|This Machine||Semi-auto rifle||55||117.9||2.1||x1||55||0.5||22||.308 round||8||9.5||600||2800||Guns:75 Strength:6|
Location[edit | edit source]
- This Machine is received at the end of the unmarked quest Dealing with Contreras, either by Contreras if he isn't turned in, or by Carrie Boyd if he is.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to patch 188.8.131.524, This Machine dealt 65 points of damage on normal and critical hits.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Although based off the M1 Garand, This Machine is not an exact reproduction.
- This Machine is a reference to Woodie Guthrie's guitar, which had a sticker saying "This Machine Kills Fascists" emblazoned on its side. This Machine has the statement "Well This Machine Kills Commies" seemingly phrased as a direct reply, carved into its side.
- In the game's files, as well as the G.E.C.K, This Machine is referred to as "WeapNVBattleRifleUnique", hinting that it was originally supposed to be the unique variant of a cut "battle rifle". However, the battle rifle appears in Gun Runners' Arsenal as a non-unique This Machine.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- In some games, This Machine will never degrade below 80%.
- The inscription on the left side of the rifle will sometimes disappear.
- When aiming down This Machine without true iron sights on, the magazine breech can appear in the open position.
- When aiming down sights, the iron sights are just a tad left of target, making long range sniping difficult.