|For the Protectron unit, see Thomas Jefferson (robot). For real world information about Jefferson, see Thomas Jefferson on Wikipedia. For other characters in the Fallout universe named Thomas, see Thomas.|
Thomas Jefferson (April 13, 1743 – July 4, 1826) was the third president of the United States of America.
Background[edit | edit source]
Best known for drafting the American Declaration of Independence, Jefferson was a Congressman, wartime governor and diplomat before his presidency (1801-1809). His election over John Adams was known as the Revolution of 1800 as it ended the cycle of Federalist presidents and instated a new Democratic-Republican (Jefferson). Under his presidency, Jefferson oversaw the purchase of Louisiana in 1803 from the French and the Corps of Discovery's expedition across the American continent from 1804-1806.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Notable quote[edit | edit source]
- "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate."
- "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
- "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto."
- "A coward is much more exposed to quarrels than a man of spirit."
- "Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it."