In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Differing from standard hatchets, these hatchets have been rebalanced for ranged combat. Throwing hatchets require a Strength of 1 and a Melee Weapons skill of 25 to be used effectively. Like their non-thrown counterparts, throwing hatchets inflict an additional 50% in Limb Damage and are one of the most damaging thrown melee weapons. However, they are extremely heavy when compared to throwing spears and knives, and are also much less common, so their usefulness is debateable.
- Crimson Caravan Company - can be bought from Blake.
- Goodsprings general store, Goodsprings - can be bought from Chet.
- Hoover Dam - can be bought from Quartermaster Bardon.
- Mick & Ralph's, Freeside - can be bought from Mick.
- Red Rock Canyon, Great Khan armory - can be bought from Great Khan Armorer.
- Hatchets can be used at much greater ranges than throwing spears or throwing knives, especially in V.A.T.S.
- Throwing hatchets, spears, and knives are more effective when coated with poisons.
- Throwing hatchets, spears, and knives cannot be picked up and re-used once thrown.
- If thrown at a miscellaneous object, such as a glass pitcher, the hatchet will disappear as it makes contact instead of sticking into the object.
- Old World Blues installed, the damage and critical damage is reduced to 20. With