Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|For an overview of dynamite throughout the Fallout series, see Dynamite. For the non-player character from Fallout 3, see Timebomb.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Strictly speaking, dynamite is nitroglycerin-soaked charcoal, pressed into sticks. A dynamite package is a collection of a few sticks, taped together, and wired in parallel to a simple timer. This timer can be set for as little as ten seconds of delay, or up to a few minutes. Dynamite is especially helpful for clearing cave-ins, and can blow most doors apart.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The time bomb is an improvised explosive weapon. Unlike a proximity mine, once activated it cannot be disarmed and will automatically detonate after 15 seconds. It is a placed explosive, and cannot be used in V.A.T.S.
Gun Runners' Arsenal buffs the explosion's damage to 300, from 150.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Note: this item is also craftable via a dialogue option with Veronica, or with ED-E (with at least 1 rank of the Camarader-E perk).
Variants[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Camp McCarran - Can be bought from Sgt. Contreras.
- Mick and Ralph's - Can occasionally be bought from Mick.
- Great Khan Armorer - Can be bought from the armorer.
- Caesar's Legion Safehouse - 2 can be found on the furthest right bed with patch 18.104.22.168x installed.
- Hoover Dam - Can occasionally be bought from Quartermaster Bardon.
- Zion Canyon - Can occasionally be bought from Joshua Graham.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite containing five sticks of dynamite, the time bomb deals only as much damage as two sticks.
- Reverse-pickpocketing a live time bomb will cause it to detonate much faster than normal.
- Despite being functional, the sticks of dynamite are labeled "Inert".
Bugs[edit | edit source]
When exploded with a gunshot instead of the timer, the explosion only deals 75 damage.
- Gun Runners' Arsenal fixes this problem.