|Crit Dmg||6||Crit % Mult||x1|
The tire iron is a weapon in Fallout 3.
This common weapon, often used by raiders, isn't very strong compared to other melee weapons such as sledgehammers, but keeping a melee weapon in your inventory is advisable if you tend to run out of ammunition for your ranged weapons. Although not a highly damaging weapon, it has a rapid attack, so many blows can be landed quickly. It is repaired with other tire irons, and can be bought at several shops throughout the wasteland.
- Highwayman's Friend, a slightly more powerful variant than the regular tire iron and is more than twice as durable. However, it weighs two pounds more than its non-unique cousin.
- Low level raiders wield tire irons.
- They can sometimes be found in garages or toolboxes in these garages.
- They can sometimes be bought from weapons merchants.
- The tire iron seems to be a weaker lead pipe with a different model as they share the same sounds and swing style and speed.