|This page is about the character. For the miscellaneous item that appears in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, see toaster (item).|
A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply! As soon as I figure out how to tap into the main reactors, I will burn the world!”
A humble, innocuous toaster that was designed by Dr Mobius for rapid disassembly of small appliances - and a heating coil for superheating Saturnite. Of course, the only possible artificial personality for it was that of a murderous, megalomaniac psychopath trying to destroy the world while gorging itself on lesser toasters as it works.
Of course, its spirits can be dampened by mentioning the nuclear holocaust and the Great War, but its personality simply resolves to destroy it again.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character provides miscellaneous services.|
- "Ahahaha! I am on-line once again! Tremble, world, before my heating coil of doom!"
- "Cursed electric heating filament! You are inadequate to my needs! Why? Why? Why was I not built with a death ray!"
- "You should be afraid! I am the scourge of all small appliances and the boogeyman that keeps lesser toasters awake at night!"
- "Soon, pitiful worms! Soon I will rule, and your lives will have their doneness setting turned to... darkest!"
- "Have you ever tried to indulge an all-consuming urge to kill when you don't have opposable thumbs? Or hands? Or anything other than a bread slot? You'd have a lot of pent-up anger too!"
- "Hey! Hey... I got a super-rare Mojave snowglobe down here... all you gotta do is reach down my bread slot..."
Behind the scenes
- The reactivation of the Toaster during the game is a reference to the toaster repair skill of Wasteland, the 1980s game which is considered to be Fallout's predecessor.