Did you see that? That crazy bitch just attacked me out of nowhere.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Tomas approaches the Courier after getting into a Gunfight with Jacklyn who had been his traveling companion. It is implied that Jacklyn attacks him for his "Lucky Necklace" which turns out to be made of 7 Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps. Alternatively, Jacklyn may actually win the Gunfight and run over to you, saying how Tomas tried to kill her. She will have all nine Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle caps on her (the 2 she had initially and the seven from Tomas's Necklace). Which ever one dies can be found dead on the left side of the end of the road.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Star Showdown: If he survives, he will rush over to the Courier. He will tell the Courier about his lucky necklace containing the Sunset Sarsaparilla bottle caps, and the Courier can obtain the bottle caps in a variety of ways.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- If you have Terrifying Presence Perk you can get the necklace for free and not lose Karma.
- A speech challenge may be passed (Speech 50) in which he is convinced the bottle caps are bad luck, and gives them to the courier. Tomas may also be killed or pickpocketed for them, and looted for a low grade weapon and armor, as well as "Tomas's journal". Failing the speech challenge and demanding the necklace will result in Tomas turning hostile, giving the player free rein to take him down.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|7 Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Caps|
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Did you see that? That crazy bitch just attacked me out of nowhere."
- "Thanks for the help. That crazy bitch just attacked me out of nowhere."
- "[Any idea why?] No, none at all. We've been traveling together since I picked her up a few days ago, and she's been friendly this whole time. We'd actually been flirting a little when she suddenly pulled a gun out and began yelling at me to hand my caps over. Now that I think of it, though, she laughed when I threw her my money. I think what she really wanted was my lucky charm necklace."
- "[Did you know her?] Not for long. I met her on the road a few days ago, and we've been traveling together since."
- "[Lucky charm necklace?] Yeah, every once in a while you can find a cap with a blue star on it. They're pretty rare, so I started collecting them. Once I had enough, I made a necklace out of them, since I thought they were lucky. And maybe they are, since you managed to show up at just the right time."
- "[All sorts of nasty people are looking for caps like those. You'd be safer if you got rid of them.] [SUCCEEDED] Really? I had no idea. And here I've been carrying them all this time, never knowing how dangerous they were. What do you think I should do with them? Bury 'em or something?"
- "[I can hold onto them for you. I'm not worried about the people that are looking for them.] They're all yours. I sincerely hope they work better for you than they did for me."
- "[Lucky for me, you mean. Hand them over or I gut you like a fish.] Uh, yeah, sure. H-here you go. Just don't hurt me."
- "[I have to go.] No time for strangers, huh? I should probably follow your example. That's the last time I pick up a straggler on the road, believe me."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If you follow him (after winning that fight with Jacklyn), Tomas will strangely disappear right in the center of Mojave Outpost.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Tomas appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.