Top of the World
Top of the World
Top of the World is a major landmark perched on the top of the mountain range bisecting the playable area in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
A landmark of the Savage Divide, the Top of the World was a saucer-shaped tourist attraction perched on top of the highest point in Appalachia, part of the elite Pleasant Valley Ski Resort. Following the Great War and the disastrous winter of 2077/78, the surviving resort goers banded into tribes of raiders and the elite shops for the pampered clientele became storehouses, workshops, and living spaces for those strong enough to survive in the Divide.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The Top of the World is visible for miles and represents a useful navigation aid. Entering it requires going through the infested Pleasant Valley. The area surrounding the base of the building is mostly fortifications, with an elevator leading inside.
- The first floor, mezzanine, contains a variety of businesses spread out around the center and a makeshift stage and shacks around the core. The stage and the clothes shack each contain a bobblehead spawn point, with three magazine spawns near each shack and the stage. Clockwise, the businesses are are:
- Peak Condition, with a safe.
- Diamond Dust, a jewelry store that was the subject of a stakeout before the Great War.
- Matterhorn Chophouse, with a chemistry station and a safe.
- Snowflake Baubles, with two weapons workbenches and an armored workbench, repurposed into a workshop.
- Dreamboat Yachts, with a safe.
- Ice Sculpture gallery, defunct.
- Apres Apres Ski, with a safe.
- A La Chez Burger, with a recipe spawn on the counters.
- Upstairs is the viewing lounge, and the computer control room and sky restaurant. However, the observation level is inaccessible until Signal Strength is completed.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Rosalynn and David's Ski Trip: On counter near Rose.
- Overseer's Log - Top of the World: In the cache by the elevator.
- Bobbleheads: On the amplifier on the stage and on the shelves in the clothes shack.
- Magazines: Scattered around the shacks on the mezzanine level. Yet another is in the computer room.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Top of the World appears in Fallout 76.