Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Regular and fully modified
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The trail carbine is a long to mid-range rifle featuring a good ammunition capacity, great balance of damage and damage-per-second (DPS), brisk rate of fire, and high accuracy. The weapon is also inexpensive to repair, as well as incredibly durable, withstanding a total 2495 shots before breaking. The only slight weakness it has is a rather lengthy reload time and unsteady supply of semi-rare .44 magnum ammunition.
However, due to the gun having a tubular magazine it is reloaded by hand one bullet at a time, as such it can be interrupted mid-way through reloading and fired if needed. Because of this, it gives the gun the added advantage of being quickly available to fire again if only a single/few rounds are needed.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
- Trail carbine scope, adds a 20x40 medium-range scope with 2.6x magnification.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Bonnie Springs - a specific Viper leader will always spawn with a single carbine and a suit of reinforced metal armor. Only one can be obtained this way, though, as a swarm of cazadores will take over once the Vipers are eliminated.
- Gun Runners - can be bought from Vendortron after level 11.
- Hoover Dam - carried by most NCR Rangers.
- Miguel's Pawn Shop - can be acquired from Keller, while on the Dealing with Contreras unmarked quest.
- NCR Ranger safehouse - on the shelving to the right of the reloading bench.
- Novac - in Ranger Andy's bungalow. Found in an average locked footlocker on a shelf.
- Red Rock Canyon - can be acquired from various Great Khans.
- It is sometimes carried by White Legs in Zion Canyon at higher levels.
- Can be found in Brewer's beer bootlegging in the basement in a hard locked gun cabinet.
- If Lonesome Road is installed, trail carbines can be found in various locations in the Divide or carried by Marked Men.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The weapon would have included two more modifications:
- Visually, it is identical to the brush gun, aside from the lighter wooden finish, a second metal ring around the end of the barrel, and lack of buttstock cartridge holder.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Iron sights are misaligned and bullets travel higher than the sights would indicate.