Train tunnel (Fallout: New Vegas)
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
|For the location that appears in the Fallout 3 add-on The Pitt, see Train Tunnel (Fallout 3).|
The tunnel is located between Raul's Shack and the Brotherhood of Steel Safehouse, north of Gypsum train yard. It is home to some feral ghouls and glowing ones. It is lined with frag mines throughout, including some placed on the waist-high ledge on either side of the tunnel. Near the western exit are two bear traps. Both ends of the tunnel are locked with a very hard lock, (Lockpick skill 100).
The tunnels main purpose is an alternative route to reach Nellis Air Force Base in order to avoid the shelling. It will exit just south of Nellis within view of the control tower. Following the right-hand tracks to the fence and then heading left along the fence line will avoid the bombardment.
- Dead ghoul wastelander wearing a fire helmet.
- In the room halfway through the tunnel you will find 4 bobby pins, 40 energy cells, a construction hat, and various other common items.
This train tunnel appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- There is a bug where you glitch through the floor at a set of stairs and a patch of wall on the opposite side, inside the train tunnel. Falling through the stairs will land you at the far end of the train tunnel. For Xbox 360/PS3 this has been patched.
- Sometimes the doors will not be locked and can be opened without the need to pick the lock.
- Sometimes you can fall through the floor at the bottom of the stairs between the two exits, and it won't let you go up the stairs at all.
- Upon entering the tunnel, your guns will refuse to change when the corresponding directional pad is pressed, this will result in the game freezing, usually upon trying to save, load, or exit the tunnels.