Trapper's shack (Point Lookout)
Fallout 3 locations project
The main section of the shack is laid out similar to the other shacks in Point Lookout, but with the exception of the large amount of traps in and around it, and an unusual basement.
In the shack's basement you will find two connected cages, with a swamplurk in one and swamp ghouls in the other. They are hostile towards one another. An electric switch allows you to open a door between the cages to unleash the swamplurk on the ghouls. You will also find a workbench off to the left.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum can be found in the swamplurk's cage in the cellar. It is on top of the two safes, along with a pile of pre-War money .
- A strange meat pie in the cellar in the cooler on the left. You may need to pick up or move some dog meat in order to find it. This is the only one outside Andale.
- A Stealth Boy on a table in the bedroom.
- A fission battery on kitchen table needed for the quest A Spoonful of Whiskey. Possibly two more in the trunk located in the bedroom.
- A lever-action rifle on the workbench in the basement.
- Inside the house, the cabinet to the right of the refrigerator contains a grenade bouquet trap. Opening the cabinet will drop three live frag grenades on you unless it is disarmed upon opening the door.
- The swamplurk is leveled and will be a swamplurk queen at higher levels; it will quickly mow down the ghouls with its acid attack.
- Prepare for a fight. You will be ambushed when you leave the basement, similar to the shed in the Capital Wasteland settlement of Andale. The ambush consists of approximately four swampfolk, usually a couple of scrappers and trappers but a brawler can also spawn all with their usual array of weapons. They have also cleverly set frag mines in a semi circle around the entrance/exit of the cellar, so keep an eye out for those.
- In the basement, in the broken freezer, there are assorted meats, such as mirelurk meat and ant meat, but the most distinguishing item in the freezer is a deathclaw hand and a small strange meat pie in the corner. You will also find the only radscorpion poison glands in Point Lookout.
- In the basement, there is the skin of a mole rat as a welcome mat at the very front.