Traveling merchant (bounty hunter)
Background[edit | edit source]
Once a caravan guard, traveling merchant, upon hearing of a breakout at NCRCF, disguised himself as a water merchant and hung around Jean sky diving in hopes of bagging a few Gangers and taking their corpses to the local NCR for a bounty (even though the NCR isn't offering a bounty on Powder Gangers). While he got the disguise right, he forgot much of everything else that comes with being merchant, like a pack Brahmin or supplies to sell, which has made him a more than obvious trap to any Powder Gangers who have thought of robbing him.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Eddie tasks the Courier with investigating a "water merchant" at Jean Sky diving.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- If the player is wearing Powder Ganger armor upon starting conversation, he will correctly assume they're working for the Powder Gangers. Trying to leave conversation without convincing him to leave with a speech check or with a Terrifying Presence check will initiate combat with him.
- If not wearing Powder Ganger armor, the player can try and get a "toll" from him which he will then reveal he's a bounty hunter.
- After revealing that he is a bounty hunter a script changes his name from "Traveling Merchant" to "Bounty Hunter".
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Traveling merchant was originally suppose to be accompanied by two bodyguards. Their activators are still in place at Goodsprings source, which suggests the original placement of Traveling merchant
Appearances[edit | edit source]
This bounty hunter appears only in Fallout: New Vegas