Traveling merchant (bounty hunter)
Once a caravan guard, traveling merchant, upon hearing of a breakout at NCRCF, disguised himself as a water merchant and hung around Jean sky diving in hopes of bagging a few Gangers and taking their corpses to the local NCR for a bounty (even though the NCR isn't offering a bounty on Powder Gangers). While he got the disguise right, he forgot much of everything else that comes with being merchant, like a pack Brahmin or supplies to sell, which has made him a more than obvious trap to any Powder Gangers who have thought of robbing him.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Eddie tasks the Courier with investigating a "water merchant" at Jean Sky diving.
- If the player is wearing Powder Ganger armor upon starting conversation, he will correctly assume they're working for the Powder Gangers. Trying to leave conversation without convincing him to leave with a speech check or with a Terrifying Presence check will initiate combat with him.
- If not wearing Powder Ganger armor, the player can try and get a "toll" from him which he will then reveal he's a bounty hunter.
- After revealing that he is a bounty hunter a script changes his name from "Traveling Merchant" to "Bounty Hunter".
Drops on death
Behind the scenes
- Traveling merchant was originally suppose to be accompanied by two bodyguards. Their activators are still in place at Goodsprings source, which suggests the original placement of Traveling merchant
This bounty hunter appears only in Fallout: New Vegas