Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Background[edit | edit source]
The camp is overrun by cazadores when the Courier awakens in the Mojave Wasteland; this outcome was predicted by McMurphy in the graphic novel All Roads, as he comments that they need to bury Chance and get out of the place before the creatures show up.
Prior to these events it had been a tribal village, which was then overrun by Fiends (their leader using a flamer, which accounts for the burnt corpses), rampaging in the area while high on Psycho. They are killed by the Great Khans and Benny after Chance, suffering from shellshock and drug withdrawals, charges into battle after seeing the flames and charred bodies that remind him of the Bitter Springs massacre.
It is featured prominently in the graphic novel All Roads. It is the scene of Chance's counter rampage against marauding Fiends, the site of Benny's demonstration of keen observational skills and it is also the site where Chance overdoses on Psycho after Benny recounts the story of the Singer to him and leaves the bottle by his side.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The village is mainly surrounded by steep cliffs. There are five tents, set up in a half circle against the eastern cliffside. It has a usable campfire in the center.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Fire axe on one or more of the fiends.
- Psycho and Jet lying around the campfire, remnants of the party thrown by the drugged up Fiends following their massacre of the residents.
- Stimpaks lying on a shelf inside one of the tents, along with a medical kit that can be looted.
- Chance's grave on a hill overlooking the village, it contains Chance's knife and Great Khan simple armor.
- Great Khan corpses amongst those of the fiends, which may have Great Khan soldier armor.
- The first tent on the left, you can find a first aid box containing a bobby pin, two purified water, a RadAway, a rebound, two stimpaks and a super stimpak.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cazadores infest this area so don't come unprepared.
- Heading out of the village to your left will be a hollowed-out rock with random loot inside.
- The flamer used by the unnamed Fiend leader in the graphic novel was destroyed when Chance bent the nozzle back onto the man, burning him alive. This is why it cannot be found.
- It is possible for one or more of the cazadores to become stuck inside the white tents, making easy kills.
- A good tactic is to stand on the edge of the cliff and snipe the cazadores since they won't climb the mountain and reach you, leaving them vulnerable.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- ravens that were killed). Similarly all of the fiends may be alive, and fighting the cazadores upon arrival. The bodies and/or cazadores may disappear, however reloading a save and revisiting the camp later may cause them to reappear (along with any
- Living Anatomy perk, and thus die to any hit (granting good karma upon being killed by the Courier), but can be a threat when fast traveling to the site, particularly if the other enemies respawn as well. Occasionally the burned bodies may actually be alive. They will attack the Courier on sight with only their fists as weapons (or may pick up a nearby weapon left on the dead bodies), or be in a fleeing state due to damage received by the enemies mentioned in the bug above as they can occur simultaneously. They display as having 0 HP with the
- Fast travelling to the camp may result in witnessing both the cazadores and the burned bodies at the same time (thus, making both cazadores and burned bodies fight each other). If you shoot a grenade from a grenade rifle or Thump-Thump toward the brawl, your console may or will likely freeze before the grenade even hits the ground.