He's a skittish little fucker. Spends half the day pumping his body full of chems and the other half pumping hookers with his willy...”— Cachino on Troike
Background[edit | edit source]
He can be found in the Gomorrah casino, Lower Brimstone (through the double doors near the dance floor-unlocked using the Club Zoara key). Troike has a fearful personality, very talkative yet too reluctant and cowardly to reveal any information about the Omerta Family; he is also a chem-addict framed for murder. He has a large network of contacts in the Mojave, and was framed by the Omertas and blackmailed into their employment because of this. Once the Courier makes contact with Troike, he can either be freed from his contract or assisted by finding a missing shipment of weapons. Under Omerta contract, he uses his contacts to sneak weapons into Gomorrah using the monorail out of Camp McCarran. Although Troike reveals his "stroke of genius" while expressing this information, the reality is simply that the weapons are stored in crates marked as "food" or "medical supplies" and sorted out at LVB station from some crooked soldiers. Because of this plan, the Omertas have an extensive array of weapons stored in the basement, awaiting the Family's plan to possibly take over The Strip.
Although Troike comes off as a complete coward, it turns out he decided to make enough thermite to destroy all of the Family's stored weapons and tampered with the light in the basement to produce enough of a spark to set it all off.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- How Little We Know: Troike can either be freed from his contract or assisted by finding a missing shipment of weapons.
- For the Republic, Part 2: After convincing Troike to help take down the Omertas, he will eventually suggest using Thermite to destroy the Omertas' weapons cache.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Merc grunt outfit|
|Gomorrah Utility room key|
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "[What can we do to take care of the guns?] As a little pet project I've been making some thermite. Thermite burns as hot as the devil's asshole and can melt through just about anything. I've been keeping it so if the Family betrays me I can hopefully do some damage before I end up dead or in jail."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Troike appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "Tell me about this Troike."
Cachino: "He's a skittish little fucker. Spends half the day pumping his body full of chems and the other half pumping hookers with his willy. He has some kind of connections, so he's able to smuggle huge shipments of weapons into the strip. The bosses got him by the short hairs. We covered up a hooker he killed while flying on some psycho, so he gets us guns in exchange for not ratting."
- The Courier: "How do you get the guns into the strip?"
Troike: "The whole arrangement starts with an old buddy of mine in the Republic. He's responsible for packing and shipping supplies to the NCR on the Strip. He marks some containers as food and medical and packs them with guns and other shit. From there it just took a couple greased palms to get someone to let me cherry pick a container or two out of every shipment. Easy as pie."
- The Courier: "What can we do to take care of the guns?"
Troike: "As a little pet project I've been making some thermite. Thermite burns as hot as the devil's asshole and can melt through just about anything. I've been keeping it so if the Family betrays me I can hopefully do some damage before I end up dead or in jail."