In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
No matter the state of the world, alcohol will always remain a valuable commodity, and in the Commonwealth, there is no exception to this rule. As it so happens, the Commonwealth holds a secret involving a portable brewery from before the Great War, and a certain party is looking to discover this long buried secret.
- Rufus Rubins from the Hotel Rexford, will ask for the Sole Survivor to recover some pre-War tech at The Shamrock Taphouse.
- Upon reaching the cellar of the taphouse, it is discovered that this technology is a micro-brewery that has been jury-rigged onto the body of a protectron.
- At this point, the portable brewery, designated the Drinkin' Buddy, may be optionally kept as a companion of sorts. However, it can only be sent to a settlement of the Sole Survivor's choosing, and will not actually provide company any further in the Commonwealth.
- Whichever choice is made, Drinkin' Buddy, at any given time, can be instructed to head off to the Hotel Rexford, in which Fred will reward the Sole Survivor upon arrival.
|Send the Drinkin' Buddy to the Hotel Rexford|
|(Optional) Keep Drinkin' Buddy for yourself|
|(Optional) Send the Drinkin' Buddy to the Hotel Rexford|
- Across the Commonwealth, holotapes can be found, detailing the recipe for various pre-War brews. Should these holotapes be found, they can be placed within Drinkin' Buddy's inventory, and it will be able to reproduce these brews for any that ask.
- Buddy is protected from destruction. However, it is subject to limb damage that prevents it from moving fast (until it is unloaded by travelling.)