It looks like our little town got itself dragged into the middle of something we don't want anything to do with.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Trudy is the easy going, well mannered woman running the local bar in Goodsprings. She has run the bar for the past seven years and became, essentially, the town's mother. However, those who would mistake that for weakness are in for a nasty surprise. Trudy is assertive and knows how to hold her own against even the hardiest of wastelanders. She did, after all, manage to make a band of Great Khans and a New Vegas boy pay their tab. Afterward one of the Great Khans "accidentally" broke her radio.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is a temporary party member.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 10-360|
Sells: Food, alcohol, skill magazines
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Trudy's Radio Repair: The player can repair Trudy's radio in exchange for caps and Goodsprings fame.
- Ghost Town Gunfight: Trudy is one of potential militia members.
- By a Campfire on the Trail: Talking to Trudy ends the quest.
Effects of player actions[edit | edit source]
- With a reputation of Accepted or better, Trudy will offer a 25% discount on her wares and buy items at 25% higher prices.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "That whole area's overrun with the kind of critters that just get mad if you shoot 'em."
- "Merchants avoid that whole stretch of I-15 like it's radioactive. Which it could be for all I know."
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Trudy was originally named Ruby, as indicated by her dialogue string names (VFreeformGoodspringsGoodspringsRubyTopic).
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- They Went That-a-Way, the dialogue option to repair her radio may disappear. If the player finishes
- Trudy can be affected by general pathfinding bugs, spawning her in random locations.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Trudy appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "How long has he been in Goodsprings?"
Trudy: "It was here when I took over the saloon seven years ago. Some people have said its owner lived here, but no one knows who it was."
- Sunny Smiles: "Hey, that's not bad! See? All it takes to make a recipe is the right ingredients and the right know-how. Sometimes it won't be a campfire you need. Might need to do some work on your guns and ammo, maybe. Important thing to get is it's all the same idea. You just need to find the right place to set up shop. Workbench or... a reloading bench, whatever. Well, I hope that's enough to get you started. I'm heading back now. Hope I didn't miss anything good on the jukebox. Cheyenne would never forgive me. Hey, do me a favor. Trudy - she's the bartender up at the Prospector, kind of the town mom - she likes to meet newcomers. She'd be cross with me if I didn't ask you to poke your head in and say hi."
(Sunny Smiles' dialogue)
- The Courier: "I'm trying to track down the people who attacked me. Know anything about them?"
Trudy: "Not much, other than they're a bunch of freeloaders who expected a few rounds on the house. I was able to get them to pay up, though. Of course, one of the Great Khans did knock my radio to the floor "by accident," and it hasn't been working since."