Turpentine (Fallout: New Vegas)
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Turpentine is a flammable liquid distilled from pine resin, used as a solvent. In Fallout: New Vegas, Turpentine is used to craft turbo and is used to tan gecko hides, including the golden gecko hide, green gecko hide and fire gecko hide. It is also used to craft Cloud Kiss (potent) and Cloud Kiss (lethal) poisons in the Dead Money add-on and to make dark datura in the Honest Hearts add-on. It is also used in the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on to craft Nuka-grenades, similar to their Fallout 3 counterpart.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Turpentine is occasionally sold by vendors that sell miscellaneous items (see: Fallout: New Vegas merchants for details)
- Some traveling merchants sell them occasionally.
- Nellis Air Force Base - 11 bottles in the hangar with the plane, 4 on the south wall by the locker and file cabinets on the bottom shelf. 2 inside of a box that contains 3 wrenches, and two hidden behind that same box that must be moved to reach them. 4 more are on the north wall, on a shelf that is an exact duplicate to the one on the south wall, with the 4 bottles being in exactly the same positions, 2 in a crate, and 2 behind it. another 2 are found on a table to the north east of the plane, and another 1 is found on a table slightly south of the plane. Must be stolen.
- Camp Forlorn Hope - 7 can be found on a shelf in the back of the command center left of the cinder blocks. Must be stolen.
- Nellis Air Force Base - Mess hall & munitions storage - 6 can be found in the back on the shelves by the workbenches. Must be stolen.
- Mojave Outpost - 4 bottles on a shelf in the back of the headquarters building. Must be stolen.
- Harper's shack - 3 can be found on one of the shelves from across the entrance, (beware; there are deathclaws nearby at Dead Wind cavern )
- Silver Peak Mine - 3 on a shelf straight in against the back wall.
- Lucky Jim Mine - 3 bottles can be found just left on the shelf after you entered the shack.
- Sloan - 3 bottles in the Machine Shop. Must be stolen.
- Southern Nevada Wind Farm - 3 bottles in the Maintenance Shack.
- Searchlight North Gold Mine - 3 bottles can be found on the shelf in the middle of the cavern past the hard locked gate.
- Boulder City - 2 can be found just left of the "Big Horn Saloon" entrance.
- Gibson's Shack - 2 can be found on the floor behind the computer terminal.
- Gibson Scrap Yard - 2 can be found inside the garage area on a shelf. Must be stolen.
- Michael Angelo's Workshop - 2 bottles on the lone workbench, must be stolen.
- NCR Embassy - 2 bottles on a bottom shelf in a storage room, must be stolen. Enter, go right hallway, quick left.
- Brewer's beer bootlegging - 1 can be found in the cellar, in an average locked explosives crate.
- Cerulean Robotics - 1 can be found in the second room near the doors in between 2 metal boxes.
- Magnetohydraulics complex - Found in a tool cabinet in the water.
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Turpentine on Wikipedia.